Thread: Lets talk about...Breakers' Revenge

1. Lets talk about...Breakers' Revenge

http://www.klov.com/B/Breakers_Revenge.html

One of the best Street Fighter clones there ever was- and perhaps the most obscure. This game ran on the Neo Geo MVS (dunno about an AES release) and seems to be an enhanced version of and earlier game called "Breakers" (I have yet to have found this anywhere).

It plays more like SF than any other non-capcom game out there (even moreso than Fighters History or any SNK game). It offers very stylized (albeit cliche) characters sporting moves excecuted in typical SF fasion. The token Zangief, karate-guy, dhalsim, bruce lee, and tough chick characters are all there.

This is also (to my knowledge) the only fighter other than SF that has charge supers (like Guile and Charlie's somersault Justice).

The graphics are colorful and well animated, and the designs are (mostly) good. Some characters are just plain goofy- such as the french fencer and the amazon woman.

The music and sound effects are just plain lousy. The music would fit in a wacky puzzle game better. The voices and sound FX are just mediocre.

Breakers Revenge plays just like SF, which means that it plays wonderfully. It is an interesting diversion if you can find it. Highly recommended.

Any one else play this one?

I haven't played Revenge but I liked the first Breakers. It didn't break any new ground for the genre but it was a solid fighting game with great graphics.

3. Is there a "hand-cuff" glitch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

lithium Guest
    Ah, more obscure MVS fighters. Let's talk about Voltage Fighter next

I've only played this casually and I liked what I saw. I think if it ever had a chance to catch on it could have drew a following.

5. If you played the original Breakers, this one is the same, only with one new character and different character pics.

And yes, this was one of the better SF clones out there(and the cover art was one of the best I've ever seen for a Neo game). If Visco hadn't kicked the bucket we might've seen a sequel...

Breakers owned! I wish I had a chance to play this game when it first came out years ago. I finally played an MVS conversion cart back in 2000. I was thoroughly impressed!

Of course, the worse characters voice in history goes to Pielle.

My fav characters are Dai-Long, Pielle, Saizo, and Tia.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.