Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A heaping stack of strategy guides

1. A heaping stack of strategy guides

Anyone collect guides? Or have any use for them? Or... something?

I was rummaging around in my closet the other day, and I realized that the space available to me is not what it used to be. Half of the closet is taken up by boxes of my guides. If anyone is even mildly interested, let me know. I'd be quite happy to send them out for the price of the shipping. I'd rather have them mouldering in someones collection, or *gasp*, being used, than sitting in my closet. It feels kind of wrong to throw them out, but I probably will do so at some point soon if I can't get rid of them.

Hell, I can autograph them or something, then you'd own a true collectors edition :P *snicker*

2. Off to the TradeDepot with you!
    If my memory of her has an expiration date, let it be 10,000 years.

3. I'm interested.

Check your pm's.

4. For those asking, I'll put the full list here soon, I have to (quite literally) dig them out of the closet, then I'll post the guides and how many of each here. I should have around 10 of each guide that I did, but a few friends take a copy when they show up, and I'll keep one myself, so it'll be a bit less than that. Still more than enough for anyone who actually wants one
    Have a Pile of Shame? Destroy it! Join the Warpact

What guides did you do?

Huh?

6. All kinds of stuff, from Kingpin way back when to Spiderman the Movie fairly recently. I'm still waiting for a friend to come over (possibly tonight) to help me yank out the boxes. I don't feel like pulling them all out and figuring out how many copies I have of what alone. It's a project that requires another gaming friend present

I would buy some off you, but i just lost my job. If you would be willing to hang on to a few for me for a (short) while, I would love to pick some up.

Bring on the list when you have it ready. I'm always looking for cheap strategy guides.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

9. Oh I'm not selling them, I just ask that you pay for shipping, for whichever ones you want. I'm sure there will be extras, since I don't think that many people will want them. I think Spiderman the Movie is already gone though My gf gave away a bunch of copies at the daycare she was working at.

Gonna call that friend today, see if he's coming over tonight, I'll post an edit here. If not tonight, definately tommorow night.

10. Alrighty, got em all out and counted. Not as many extras as I thought there would be. Quite a few stacks have been whittled down to the point that I don't want to give any away, but of the ones left, here's the list:

Pokemon Gold & Silver collectors edition (the one with the gold & silver shiny dual cover): 2

Pokemon Stadium 2: 5

Pokemon G&S Pokedex: 3

Pocket Pokemon Gold & Silver: 1

Pocket Pokemon Crystal: 3

Spider-Man (PSX version): 4

Spiderman/Xmen GBA combo guide: 5

Spyro Season of Ice: 4

Eternal Ring: 8

Orphen: 9

Covert Ops: 6

If you want any of these, just send me a PM with your address. Once I've got a chunk of people, I'll go send them out and send you a PM with the total shipping. Shouldn't be very expensive, unless you want a bunch. And I suppose if you actually do want them autographed, I can do that, though I don't think there's much aftermarket value increase for author-signed out of date strategy guides :P

edit: my memory is slipping, I had one tagged rare on there, that particular guide is virtually unpublished, and I don't have any extras. I've got a few other interesting knicknacks lying around, but most of them would be a breach of contract to distribute, so I'll have to keep or destroy them.

edit: some titles removed, will be sent out monday