Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Christmas in Animal Crossing?

Golgo13 Guest
    Another Nintendo fuckup.

Christmas is celebrated by everyone, no matter what denomination. I know Muslims that celebrate the damn thing.

2. It doesn't have anything to do with Christians. Nintendo, the Kings of butt covering, did it to avoid what was previously mentioned, i.e. "Where's Kwanza?! Chanukkah?! (insert favorite December holiday here)?!"

And, honestly, as a staunch Christian, I can't stand Christmas as a "relegious" holiday. It isn't Biblical. Do I like it? Yes! Do I celebrate it? Hell yes! But the whole "Christmas as a Christian holiday" is bogus.

Besides...Toys are much cooler than clothes...you can get clothes for Christmas...you only get toys on Toy Day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Political correctness sucks. Always. This is worse than censorship in my opinion, so I will have no part of this game.

4. Japanese developed game...

so no Christmas as such in a non-christian society... hardly surprising that they didn`t have xmas day in it (i`ve had to work xmas day for the last two years)...
    DCharlie

5. Originally posted by Yoshi
    Political correctness sucks. Always. This is worse than censorship in my opinion, so I will have no part of this game.
    Agreed. Worse than censorship. But.... I just can't pass on a 1st party NES emu after seeing how good Nester DC turned out, so I have to get the game anyway.

6. Nintendo is playing to the majority, and if you look at the majority of people playing this game, all that dec 23rd-25th really mean are "toy days".

Fair enough move to me, and won't hurt my enjoyment of the game in the least.

7. What kind of game is it anyway?

And yes both P.C. and censorship sucks.

8. Originally posted by dcharlie
    Japanese developed game...

so no Christmas as such in a non-christian society... hardly surprising that they didn`t have xmas day in it (i`ve had to work xmas day for the last two years)...
    Exactly. Every time I've seen xmas reprasented in an anime or something similer, its called "tree day" or friendship day, or the day of lights or something like that. Usually presents itself as a day of being with friends and family, than celebrating Santa giving birth to Jesus, or whatever.

I want peace on earth, and good will trowd men.

How about this clockwork train?

Oh, right, that sounds good.

Z-roe
    A is for action

9. I think the Big-O had the best name for a pseudo Christmas: Heaven's Gate Day. It just sounds cool.

But, as previously stated, Toy Day is fine by me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Jay Guest
    MechDeus, again, you and I think alike. (That's getting REALLY scary...) I think that the target audience for the game won't mind, and the parental groups won't be able to bitch. And Toy Day sounds like a nice, fun day that kids would enjoy as a substitute for Christmas. (Cue the "D'uh, ya think? posts)