Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Christmas in Animal Crossing?

1. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I think the Big-O had the best name for a pseudo Christmas: Heaven's Gate Day. It just sounds cool.

But, as previously stated, Toy Day is fine by me too.
    If it didn't have relations to a cult, it would be the coolest holiday name ever.

This Sunday Sunday Sunday! At the Sundome! Heavens Gate Day! Praise the birth of your lord, and kick some ass in the ring of fire! Toys and prizes will be givin out all day long! Its 13.95 to get in, but all you need is the eeeedddggeee!

Z-roe
    A is for action

2. "You'll pay for the entire seat, but all you'll need is the eeeeeeddddgeeeeee!"

*I believe thats what you were looking for*

3. Oh, yeah, that makes sense.

Heh, anyway, you get the idea right?

Z-roe
    A is for action

4. Awesome! What do you say we assemble a lobbying group to petition Congress to make an official Heaven's Gate Day?

Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. Christmas hasn't been about what it would be about in a long time. So it doesn't matter much to me - if fictional characters in a fictional world celebrate a fictional holiday, it won't ruin my real world, nor my holidays. Just like the 'fake' Christmas doesn't ruin my own reasons for celebrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Hate to burst you bubble, Hero...but Christmas has always been fake.

I totally get what you're saying though. Sometimes people can't tell the difference between fact and fiction, thinking that the exclusion of Christmas in a game will erase the holiday from the calendar or some such nonsence.

Nice post.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. if you really think about it...anybody who actually celebrates Christmas for it true meaning will be busy with church, friend, and family on the 24th and 25th anyway...so they wouldn't (or should i say shouldn't) be playing the game anyway...so putting toy day on the 23rd makes sense...

8. Actually, anyone who actually celebrates Christmas for it's true meaning would be lighting candles in honor of Apollos, the sun god.

But that is neither here nor there.

9. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    Hate to burst you bubble, Hero...but Christmas has always been fake.

I totally get what you're saying though. Sometimes people can't tell the difference between fact and fiction, thinking that the exclusion of Christmas in a game will erase the holiday from the calendar or some such nonsence.

Nice post.
    I know Christmas has always been 'fake' but there must've been a time somewhere along the road, where people celebrated it for the reason I do. Even if the day is all wrong and it was hijacked from ab old Pagan holiday. =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

StormShadow Guest
    Yeah, I completely agree with Videodrone. I bet Toy Day will be a pretty booming day in Animal Crossing, and you don't want to miss your presents being given to you from your friends in Town. If it did take place on the 25th a lot of people won't be able to play and I don't know if the citzens will just leave you presents on your porch. I think you get an NES game on that day. Who wants to miss that!? Maybe...Christmas is in it and it's not on the pioneers games. I don't think they got final copies. I think they have to send back the copy they got around the time it's officially released then they'll get a complete version....I think. Either way it still looks like Christmas with lights and stuff. Thanksgiving and the 4th of July are in the game, but I guess there not religious holidays. Not that Christmas is either though.