Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: No Christmas in Animal Crossing?

1. Hmmmmmm Christmas or Toy Day? Does one even have to think about that? It's called Toy Day for God's sake!!!!! What can possibly be bad about that?
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

2. Well I know that when the game came to america that they were changing a bunch of holidays around. I now for a fact they took out the Japanese Holiday Setsuban. But I wonder of Thanksgiving is in the game. Toy Day, fine by me. But Christmas would have been fine by me. Plus this is a different world, let them celebrate whatever. And ChristMas means whatever the hell people want it to mean. They don't call my birthday Clashmas.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. Let me get this straight. Some people are not going to buy a certain videogame because in the fictional videogame world, an actual real-life holiday is not represented, and in its place is a fictional celebration.

I guess thats a good way to think, if you're an imbred moron.

StormShadow Guest
    If you wanna know all the holidays that are in Animal Crossing go here
    http://acforums.megadoomer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3422
    4th of july and Thanksgiving have been renamed as well to Firework Day and Harvest Day. It's all the same though, just different names.

5. I consider the Christians a cult...

6. Well, I think it's a very good move... Nintendo is smart to realise there many groups in NA who celebrate different holidays. BUT... I honestly don't think it's that big a deal one way or the other.

I guess they could always have put in some options on what holidays you want to turn on and off.. meh.. who cares. It's fine just the way it is. I think they improved the game frankly.

Most of the "Christmas traditions", are just adapted pagan traditions anyway.. such as the tree. I am glad to see American Thanksgiving and 4th July *barf all over the place* were taken out as well. That one would have offended me as a human being. Harvest Day is much better. I wish Fireworks Day was on 2 or 3 July though. Putting it on the fourth is stupid. This game will be on sale in Canada as well and I doubt the CDN version will have Fireworks Day on the 1st.

Anyway, I think I am going to have to send Nintendo a letter of thanks for suggesting better holidays for people to celebrate. Harvest Day and Toy Day are cool.

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    And I will be spending the 25th breaking into and robbing all the local buisnesses.

Score!
    Oh dear...

Quite fitting, considering what is getting pinned on me right now.

Everything sucks.

9. in the japanese version, they have a holiday called "shiny half-fortnight."

" . . . "

Why the hell would Christmas count as a religious holiday anyway? You think Jesus was actually born in the chill of the night in a desert in the middle of December? Divine savior or not, him and his family would've forze to death pretty damn fast. Doesn't really make much sense, but whatever.