Thread: Sega Soccer Slam Hits the Xbox

Sega Soccer Slam Hits the Xbox

The Xbox hits the pitch arcade style, thanks to Sega.

Fresh off its release on Nintendo's GameCube, Sega Soccer Slam has now jumped to the Xbox. Developed by Black Box Games, produced by Visual Concepts, and published by Sega, SS features over-the-top gameplay and improved visuals that take advantage of the Xbox hardware.

Like its GameCube predecessor, Sega Soccer Slam on Xbox uses motion captured 3D models to present the game's wild cast of characters to the last detail. The characters even display personality traits and detailed expressions as they bring a whole new style to the world's most popular sport.

Additions exclusive to the Xbox version include an Arcade Mode with exhibiition matches, a Challenge Mode that allows players to create new teams, a quick match option, and new mini-games. Using the Challenge Mode allows players to unlock three new teams, brining SSS's to nine.

Sega Soccer Slam is available now with an MSRP of $49.95. The game is rated "E" for everyone.

2. WEEEEE!

Finally.

Thank god I sold my 'Cube for an Xbox.

So much for originality of games for Gamecube.

3. heh. these days, exclusive titles are so rare these days...well, if count out DoA3. Apparently the other hardware "just couldn't handle it..."

4. I don't think it's because it can't handle.

Maybe they'll get more money from by redoing it for the Xbox.

Either way, seems like Cube is just going to be a plank for Sega to get their games off. Why don't they just go Xbox all the way? Instead of making games for Cube and PS2. Clearly, Phantasy Star Online would have been better on Xbox. At least THEY have a clear picture of the online community.

Originally posted by Mr. Fanboye
    Why don't they just go Xbox all the way?
    Maybe because its user base is smaller than either the PS2 or GC? Business decision like that are why Sega is now a 3rd party...

6. Xbox in Japan yeah.
    Xbox in US, I don't think so.

I think they are about the same base here.
    Of course, I base that on absolutely nothing
    since I don't provide links to specific Xboxes out there.

7. Originally posted by Mr. Fanboye
    Why don't they just go Xbox all the way?
    ]

While Sega does appear to be supporting the Xbox more than the other consoles at this time ( in the US anyway ) - it still irks me that I'd have to buy a PS2 to play VF4 ( for the time being anyway ) and a GameCube to play Beach Spikers ( will there be a Beach Spikers Hardcore? ). Basically, that's money Sega could have had from me that they will not be getting. There's no way in hell I'd ever own a PS2, and I've never owned ANY Nintendo console ( though I did buy a Virtual Boy from Blockbuster, with rental case and games for $15! ) and the GameCube just doesn't do it for me. I don't really like the controller too much ( Ninny exclusives mildy interest me ) and there just isn't enough I'd want to justify purchasing one. Plus - no Dolby 5.1, LAN, HD, etc - which means I'm technically taking a step down hardware-wise - again I just can't see shelling out cash for a new console when factoring everything in. Damn you Sega....... well - it's YOUR LOSS I guess.

8. I think they should just divert all of their attention to Xbox.
    I don't think there is any loss in creative power if they all just make their games for Xbox. Games like Beach Spikers and VF4 should just be made for one console (i.e. Xbox) rather than face mediocre sales on one console, then port/enhance it to another console.

But then again,
    I'd say my PS2 works pretty well as a DVD player.

9. PS2 has a lot more good games than Xbox to simply be used as a DVD player