Thread: Any Industrial Fans?

1. Any Industrial Fans?

I, for one, am quite the fan.

I tend to like the pure electronic bands rather than guitar/electronic hybrids.

Favorites of mine include Mentallo & the Fixer, Front Line Assembly, Project Pitchfork, Imperative Reaction, God Module, Individual Totem, and Gridlock. I also just recently came across a great new band from Sweden called Run Level Zero.

The genre seems to have stagnated somewhat, but there are still highly talented programming artists out there who deserve a heck of a lot more recognition than what they're getting, especially with synthpop making a comeback of sorts.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. well i dunno about pure electric but i like alota industrial. ever listen to strapping yound lad?
    http://www.tfgen3.com/images2/tfg3banner.gif
    Moderator at Tfgen3 forums! Visit us.

3. In the year 2525...
    Heh. I like that Pitchfork Project cover of that Zager & Evans tune.

I used to be really into industrial. I haven't even listened to it in a long time though. Got too burned out on it...
    Some of my favorites are PIG (and various Raymond Watts sideprojects), KMFDM, mdfmk, haloblack, hellbent, Spahn Ranch, 16 Volt, Sheep on Drugs, Revolting Cocks, Foetus, Hanzel und Gretyl, Meat Beat Manifesto, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy (and various SP/Ogre sideprojects), etc.

Edit - Just read that you're Mr. Biscuitrake. No wonder you mentioned Mentallo & The Fixer.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

4. Shadow: Strapping Young Lad falls into my infinitely large "Heard OF but Never Actually Heard" list. Will check em out though.

Hey ruhztee - Cest moi. You certainly have old-skool taste. You ever get around to checking out M&TF? I know what you mean - I got burned out as well, until God Module's "Artificial" floored me like nothing has since Tactical Neural Implant. I think the genre's best days are behind it, but there are still a few great new bands popping up once in a blue moon.

5. Nah, never did check out Mentallo & The Fixer.
    I forgot about them... will have to keep them in mind. I'll have to check out God Module while I'm at it too.
    I'll give 'em a look-up on my little 'magical music download machine'.
    if ya see a sucker, cut him, don’t like perpetrators
    http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/doktorMott.png

6. I think you'll like em.
    Of course, I'd be rather interested in what you think.

Deus13 Guest
    Try VNV Nation...it's good stuff.

8. I'm very aware of VNV....although in my mind they don't fit the industrial genre. More synth-poppish.

"Industrial" doesn't really have a rigid definition, but bands like VNV, Covenant, A23, TOY, Apop-Berzerk, etc. don't have the same musical density, dark moods, and mangled vocals of stuff like FLA and M&TF. At least to me they don't.

This is not to say I'm not a fan of new synthpop, though.