The Japanese pop sensation Utada Hikaru lends her voice talent for Squaresoft's highly anticipated RPG.

Square EA/Disney Interactive have announced that <b>Kingdom Hearts</b> will feature a theme song titled Simple and Clean, composed by the Japanese pop celebrity Utada Hikaru.

As one of Japan's top-selling artist, this marks the first time in which Utada's musical talents has been featured in a video The song -"Simple And Clean" is the English version of its original release "Hikari" (meaning "light"), which was featured in the Japanese version of <i>Kingdom Hearts</i>.

"Utada is the only artist I envisioned singing the theme song for Kingdom Hearts," said <i>Kingdom Hearts</i>' director Nomura. "Her music has moved millions of fans, and I was absolutely thrilled when she agreed to contribute to this project. I see her as an icon for young artists and she also proves that music transcends national and language barriers."

<i>Kingdom Hearts</i> is scheduled to ship on September 17th.

On a related note: if you happen to live in the San Francisco area, playable demos of <i>Kingdom Hearts</i> and special giveaways will be present as of tomorrow at the one and only PlayStation store.