Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo confirms Metroid Fusion and Prime will have link up options.

1. Nintendo confirms Metroid Fusion and Prime will have link up options.

Sweet. Can't wait to see what it is. From IGN:

August 22, 2002 - At the Nintendo Gamer's Summit in San Francisco this morning, Nintendo of America said that the GameCube Metroid Prime and Game Boy Advance Metroid Fusion would feature connectivity options when they debut this holiday.

Demonstrating Metroid Prime, Nintendo's Chris Campbell said that he had been given permission to report the news just prior to the event. "This is all I can tell you now, but just trust me that it will be cool," he said.

Exactly what type of connection features will be included are not known. Still, given that Nintendo had previously noted that a connection was unlikely, this latest development comes as very encouraging news, indeed.

Look for more news on both titles from Nintendo's big event later today.

2. DAMNIT!

DAMNITDAMNITDAMNITDAMNITDAMNIT!!!!

I was planning on going to this today, but I figured OH...THE TRIP INTO SF ISN'T WORTH A 2 HOUR EVENT!

GAH! @_________@
    Play Guitar Hero //

3. Cool beans!
    omg TNL epics!

4. Sounds cool! I hope it works both ways and not only to enhance the GC version.

5. nice nice nice
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Andy787 Guest
    I hope it's good, because all the other GBA to GC connectivity so far has been really stupid

7. Hopefully it's something they really worked on with both games and not some small, tacked on last minute crap.

8. Originally posted by Andy787
    I hope it's good, because all the other GBA to GC connectivity so far has been really stupid
    Are you refering to released or announced? Wondering because PSO's is sounding so friggin' tasty...

9. Originally posted by Andy787
    I could say the same thing for the Pocketstation and the DC VMU.

And I hope it's not a stupid "raise your Metroid while you're on the road"-type deal. There's only so many of those types of games I can tolerate...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

10. Originally posted by SearchManX

I could say the same thing for the Pocketstation and the DC VMU.

And I hope it's not a stupid "raise your Metroid while you're on the road"-type deal. There's only so many of those types of games I can tolerate...
    Given this quote from Gameforms
    While no specific details were given as to what will happen when the games are linked, a Nintendo representative said that what is planned "is truly unbelievable."
    I think we can expect something much much cooler than a metroidy version of Chao Garden. Perhaps by connecting the two games, we'll get to play a 2.5D version of Fusion running on Prime's graphics engine....

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids