Thread: Infogrames brings Backyard Sports to the Game Boy Advance

Infogrames brings Backyard Sports to the Game Boy Advance

Sometimes the coolest games are for kids...

Infogrames has announced that they will be bringing their popular Backyard Sports series to the Game Boy Advance. The first title released will be Backyard Baseball Advance, which will be available in June. Backyard Baseball 2003 will be available for the PC and Mac in June as well.

“We're excited to be bringing our top-selling Backyard Sports brand to a new platform with the addition of Backyard Baseball for Game Boy Advance,” said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing for Infogrames, Inc. Beverly studio. “Our Backyard Baseball 2001 PC game was the third best-selling kid's entertainment title of 2001. Now we plan to hit another grand slam with fans by offering these two new baseball games.”

Backyard Baseball Advance allows gamers to create their teams from a lineup of 30 Backyard Kids. Additionally, 30 Major League Baseball pros are included, such as Mike Piazza, Ken Griffey Jr., Randy Johnson, Sammy Sosa, and others. Each of the pros is drawn as a child to match the Backyard Kids. Game modes include quick game, single game, season play, or compete in the Home Run Derby.

Look for both Backyard Baseball Advance and Backyard Baseball 2003 this June, for $29.99 and $19.99 respectively.

Source: Press Release

I must admit, I think that these Backyard Sports games are the neatest things ever. I've never gotten the chance to play them (though I've read average reviews...), but the idea behind them is solid. It's exactly what I look for in a sports game - simple fun