Thread: Akira...DTS edition!

1. Akira...DTS edition!

I was just looking at Animeondvd and the newly announced titles, and came upon this. Akira will be released in December with Japanese DTS! There isn't any word yet on an English DTS track, or any other improvements. I'm down for it.
    pwned by Ivan

2. i'm sort of interested, but i'm happy with my limited edition copy. unless they come out with another limited edition tin in dts... then i'll jump on it. but it's just going to get a passing look as of now.

3. OT

I could care less. I also have the tin set and I'm happy with it. I'm sick of major companies rereleasing dvds and I hope this Akira rerelease doesn't start a rerelease trend in anime dvds. I can see if the transfer on the old dvd is bad or there's a lot of interesting extras that was left off on the original release but DTS alone isn't worth a purchase for me. Now...think about this. Remember the T2 Ultimate Edition? Another special edition of T2 is going to be released to coincide with the release of T3 in theatres. The Ultimate Edition had more than enough on it for me. I don't see much they can add but a feature or behind the scenes look at T3. I, for one, won't be buying it. Everyone wants to be like Anchor Bay now.

Barebones release. Rerelease. SE release. LE release. SE rerelease. 25th anniversary Ed release. LE rerelease. Original release rereleased again with a SE rerelease packaged together. 25th anniversary Ed rerelease with extra footage and more deleted scenes. The cycle never ends. Now two more Halloween DVDs are being made by AB! Another release of the original Halloween (I don't know what kind of moron keeps buying these rerelas...oh wait...I know many) and the new Halloween that was in theatres recently. That makes 35.

Later all...

4. Are you really THAT excited about DTS?!?!
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Yep. I love Akira, and I love the soundtrack. The other night I was watching it and found the sound a bit lacking, so I'm happy about the DTS.
    pwned by Ivan

Ah, man! I am a DTS freak so I may have to buy it yet again. If I can get a decent price for pre-ordering at BEST BUY or something I might, but I don't think I could pay full price again. But at some point and at some price, I'll have to have it...

7. 2D - I agree, I hate it when companies are constantly rereleasing movies. Sure, it is nice when we get a lot of extras (it was well worth it to rebuy Dogma for the special edition), but sometimes they only add a few things and it just is not worth it. However, I think that this rerelease of Akira is not just meant to get people to buy it again. They probably just had been given the extra track and decided to put it on the new DVDs. I could be wrong, but I bet that there will not be a lot of "hoopla" around the release and the packaging wont even change.
    your mom