Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "BYOB" (aka Bring Your Own Beauties) - A discussion

1. "BYOB" (aka Bring Your Own Beauties) - A discussion

I got to thinking about what I think defines beauty, and I came up with my own scale for how I rate how good looking someone is. I also put an example for each rank.

Average/Normal - Speaks for itself, doesn't it? The majority of people fit this title (and there's nothing wrong with that) but not the vast majority.....

Ex: Can't think of any celebrity right now. Just think of someone walking down the street.

Cute - Cute is just one notch above Average/Normal because being cute is not typically associated with being extremely good looking. Instead, being called "Cute" is like being called "Young". There is an innocence that almost can't exist in someone whose more attractive.

Ex: Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Love Hewitt, and Julia Stiles are the first ones to come to my head. Sometimes they can surprise me and look absolutely gorgeous (more on that in a minute), but their natual, normal look is that of a cute, sometimes very cute person.

Gorgeous - This is an overpowering beauty. One who is instantly thought of when one asks "So who do you think is good looking?" These are what I like to call "Universally beautiful" people. Meaning everyone can see and admit to this person being beautiful. These people can get anything and anyone they want, and none of you can stop them . They are so good looking, you just want to stare at them all the time. Not even do anything to them, just LOOK. Look at their perfection.

Ex: Tyra Banks, Daisy Fuentes, and of course J.Lo herself.

Beautiful - This word has a different meaning to me. People who are beautiful can be in any of the aformentioned categories. But they possess something.....magical. They have that "Je ne sais quoi...". Something about them transcends pure looks and makes them highly desireable. Even without make up, they look strikingly good, and tend to have a more natural or sophisticated appeal. These people are very attractive, but on a more individual basis. Who YOU think is beautiful might not be that of the person next to you.

Ex: Salma Hayek,Hallie Berry, Alicia Keys, and who I think is the most beautiful person in the world: Vanessa Williams.

Okay, enough of my rambling. Who would make your list? Is my criteria fair? Or does it even make sense?

Play on Playaz....

2. Okay, so my guess is that my list has everyone so flabergasted, that no one can reply?

Or that this topic made no damn sense, therefore, just leave it to a fiery, unanswered death?

(Or the overabundance of Hot or Not threads killed any chance of relpies in this thread)

Either or, it's cool, I guess......

3. I think everyone is just having a hard time deciding. its not exactly the type of question that is asked everyday. Most people just say, "She looks good", or if you're from my part of the woods, "She got a fat ass".
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

4. I'll be back in 10 minutes...

haha!

6. Originally posted by Shinobi128
    I'll be back in 10 minutes...
    Looking for a place to vomit?

7. No...just think of this way.

8. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    I think everyone is just having a hard time deciding. its not exactly the type of question that is asked everyday. Most people just say, "She looks good", or if you're from my part of the woods, "She got a fat ass".
    It's okay. It's just that I spent a little over 2 hours finding links and stuff to put in the post to have no one reply for almost 24 hours. I was beginning to lose hope .

This is the reason I rarely attempt to create topics: No one replies. I can understand, though. I don't ask things that are of interest here most of the time. I guess I'm not jaded enough.....

And Rob and Shinobi128, instead of picking on my choices, why not share yours, or contribute in some way to the conversation instead?

9. That looks amazingly like my ex-girlfriend.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I like cute girls more that I like "beautiful" girls.

I am a fan of the indie rock types...

So very sexy.