Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The name of the video game is gore"

1. Amazing how closely that read to one of Sqoon's news pieces.

2. If games celebrating wanton destruction and depravity possess the magical power to turn normal children into evil psycho beings, why haven't the games, movies and TV shows which outnumber them by a 100-1 margin that feature happy, heroic life-affirming themes created a utopia populated by self-sacrificing heroes?

Something doesn't add up in their "doom makes you kill people" equation.
    -Kyo

3. Originally posted by StriderKyo
    If games celebrating wanton destruction and depravity possess the magical power to turn normal children into evil psycho beings, why haven't the games, movies and TV shows which outnumber them by a 100-1 margin that feature happy, heroic life-affirming themes created a utopia populated by self-sacrificing heroes?
    You would have a point there, if that type of optimistic message was really being conveyed in a hundred TV shows/movies/songs to one, which it isn't. Modern entertainment isn't necessary incessantly violent, but it is profoundly cynical, even when it attempts to be positive.

Cynical? You mean that ass backwards pinko Phil Donahue doesn't have my best interests in mind?

5. Hey, I think Videodrone's name is Kimothy...

6. Kimothy? What the fuck kind of name is Kimothy? His/Her/Shim's parents were practically asking to get their son's/daughter's ass kicked.
    And street cred? You got to be fucking kidding me. I would say 75% of the people who played GTA 3 probably still don't know who the hell made it or care.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

7. "There was violence long before video games were even invented. There was something called the Crusades for instance, terrible violence, many people killed, the darn thing went on for 20 years!"

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Kimothy, heh so freaking dumb! I hate it when parents take a normal name, and then try to make it unique and original by spelling it differently. Like taking Ronald and making it Rawnald, I have actually seen this.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. Guy's, I wouldn't take a "respected" "news" site seriously if it has spelling errors on it.

"Xbox to juoin fray in online gaming market "

Yeah. Quality site.

Originally posted by Clash_Master
    Kimothy, heh so freaking dumb! I hate it when parents take a normal name, and then try to make it unique and original by spelling it differently. Like taking Ronald and making it Rawnald, I have actually seen this.
    He was Kimothy Jr...so his parents weren't trying to be creative, rather his grandparents.