Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I found synaesthesia in my sleep ....

1. Grin I found synaesthesia in my sleep ....

Last night I had a dream that I was playing Rez. Well, not so much playing Rez the game, but that I was, um, in Rez. It was a bizarre dream, as you could well imagine... The gameplay was still the same - the locking on and shooting and releasing music, but there were some new elements and new levels in the game in my head. There were cel-shaded blimps that came out of nowhere and you could shoot them to release, errr, something. I forget what exactly it was now, but it was damn cool. The new levels were the same but, well, even more vivid and alive...

The strange thing is that I have not played Rez in at least a month so I dunno how it ended up in my head!! It's not that strange for me to have a dream about *playing* a game, especially something with repetitive gameplay like Puyo or Bomberman.... But I have no idea how Rez ended up in my head last night, and the dream was about more than just playing the game. It was living and creating and feeling the game as it went.

It was one of the coolest dreams I have ever had. I want to take a nap and go back now!

Anyone else ever have strange game-related-dreams like this?

2. ... man... i never have cool dreams...

3. ... man... i never have cool dreams...
    I feel your pain.

4. I've been having bizarr-o dreams frequently this past month or so, but nothing compares to this one.

That sounds cool sggg.

I have had lots of game-related dreams.

A few months before NiGHTS came out, I had a dream where Yuji Naka showed me the game. It was really trippy and quite similar to the real thing.

6. I sometimes dream I'm in a mid 80s arcade. The lighting, smell of carpet and new wood cabinets, and all the sounds are there. Then I awaken and I am sad...

7. I've had dreams whereby I was in Silent Hill. Not pleasent, I was glad to wake up each time.

"A few months before NiGHTS came out, I had a dream where Yuji Naka showed me the game. It was really trippy and quite similar to the real thing."

I've had a dream in which I was on a plane and sitting next to me was Yuji Naka. I can't remember what 'we' talked about though ;P

I rarely have cool dreams though, 2 nights ago I had a dream that there was a huge pool of acid in my bedroom. A jellyfish jumped out and started face fucking me

Yeah I have a big imagination and my dreams reflect that. I dream way more during summer than during winter.

8. My first year in college I had a disturbing dream based on Resident Evil. The entire town was infested and I tried to look for my friends to see if they were still alive. Somehow I hid out in a basement with a few friends and some other survivors and we tried to barracade the door. I could hear the zombies and see their hands breaking through the door and I was putting all my strength to lean against the door. Then they broke through and I took out my shotgun and before I could blast the zombie in the face...I woke up.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

Originally posted by Melf
    I sometimes dream I'm in a mid 80s arcade. The lighting, smell of carpet and new wood cabinets, and all the sounds are there. Then I awaken and I am sad...
    That is quite depressing.

10. You guys have cool dreams

My girlfriend had to take malaria prevention pills once a week because of her trip to Africa. Every night that she took a pill she had terrifying nightmares. In one of them she dreamed of a street filled with dogs, and then a big truck came and mowed them all down - body parts and blood was flying everywhere and all that... ewwww...

- Kabuki