Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obscure and Underated Horror Movies

Well one of the Sleepaway camps had this chick getting stuffed into a port-a-potty, that one had tons of Topless scenes.

Child's play was pretty cool too at least the Bride of Chucky heh.

2. Well one of the Sleepaway camps had this chick getting stuffed into a port-a-potty, that one had tons of Topless scenes.
    that was number 2. as soon as they hit the girls cabin, BAM!!! in your face titty (pics courtesy of the tit patrol). that girl who got stuffed into the porta-potty was the only one nice enough to show skin on plenty of occasions.

The most blatent rip off of Friday the 13th is a little Movie called Bloody Murder it even has a Jason look-alike on the cover worst yet there is not T=A and little gore and the Movie is utter crap.

Any of you guys see Session 9 yet it's a creepy little film.

4. Well...I could talk about this all day but I'll name a few that you may or may not have a hard time finding depending on where you live.

Audition...starts out so innocently but then you know what happens. NO YOU DON'T!

Haxan (Go Criterion Go!)...part documentary/part movie...silent movie about witchcraft made in 1922 by Christiansen. So cool. It's not scary or anything but it's a very interesting watch. And the devil (who happens to be played by Chritiansen) is awesome. The remake of it made in 1971/2 is on the disc also. It's just the regular movie but cut to shreds with weird jazz music playing in the background. You may have bad MvsC2 flashbacks.

Carnival of Souls (Criterion again)...great classic movie. Don't get the remake though.

Dellamorte Dellamore (aka Cemetary Man)...classic movie. So many cool things in this movie it's amazing. Still no US DVD release. Fuck you Fox.

Dead Alive (make sure you see the uncut version which is not on US DVD yet sadly)

Kwaiden (CRITERION)...3 japanese tales of horror. They're not really scary (you'll remember one though) but the scenery is incredible.

Prince of Darkness...one of Carpenters best and most underrated movies. DVD hard to find though.

Tetsuo/Tetsuo 2...not really horror I guess...maybe...I don't know. Just watch them both. Tetsuo 2 shouldn't be hard to find but the orignal Tetsuo is very hard to find now. It's been OOP for a long time.

Lair of the White Worm...classic imo...it's really cheap at Coconuts now.

And just about anything by Lynch (not really horror as much as just plain weird/fucked up but I don't care) and Miike and Argento (if you like giallo's...he's the best imo) and Cronenberg. Though I can tell you which ones I thought were their best.

Later all...

5. Kwaiden (CRITERION)...3 japanese tales of horror. They're not really scary (you'll remember one though) but the scenery is incredible.
    dude! i actually just bought this last week or so. i can't believe i forgot about it. it's more like 3 1/2 tales of horror, since the last story supposedly doesn't have an ending. but this is definitely a great film. if i'm thinking right, then 2d is refering to Hoichi the Earless as the film you won't forget. incredible scenery right there. the folktales aren't scary at all, but they do leave an impression on you, as 2d mentioned. great film, highly recommended.

6. Blood Surf - maureen larrazabal's sex scene...yummy...

Idle Hands - jessica alba...butt cheeks...nuff said.

~MKU™

oh yeah...Event Horizon was cool, and gets no play.
    -----------------------
    http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/dhalsim-yyy.gif
    -----------------------

7. Yeah, I love Dellamorte Dellamore. Very stilish ans surreal. Quite gory too, and where else you can see guy shooting zombie boyscouts
    And I liked the ending, it left you thinking.

We definately need to mention Peter Jackson films - Bad Taste, Brain Dead(Dead or Alive), and Meet the Feebles are classics in the genre. And The Frighteners is another underrated gem. Both funny and scary, with some very cool fx, and Jeffery Combs as Freaky FBI agent.

Event Horizon is indeed a great horror film, that sadly floped at the box office. Scary, disturbing and bloody. I wish they would release a better dvd, since the original Paramount one, is pretty much barebone

Story of Ricky and Seventh Curse, 2 HK entries into the gore genre. While Ricky not a horror film, but a adaptation of Japanese manga, it might be one of the bloodiest and crazy film to come out from HK. Silly fun. And Seventh Curse an adventure/horror/action film with all the ingreedients just right, blood, nudity, sillines and Chow Yun Fat in the cameo with Big Ass Bazooka

8. I wasn't gonna mention Riki-Oh but...GET IT NOW! It's not horror but it's classic. The blood and violence is so over the top and insane it's funny. Apparently it was modeled after a manga of the same name (note:Must find Riki-Oh manga). And I wasn't very pleased with The Seventh Curse. It was alright (GREAT movie to MST3K though) but the stuff was so fake it WASN'T funny. Like that skeleton fighting. Pitiful. I guess I was expecting something akin to Riki but this was one of the directors earlier films. I wish he did a sequel to Riki. It would be the sequel to end all sequels. Well...Riki is definately a movie you want to see with a lot of people. You'll all be laughing your asses off.

Oh and AB is releasing a new disc of Meet the Feebles. I'm looking forward to it. The earlier discs are shit. And Bad Taste is overrated imo. It was pretty good for the less than shoestring budget but still nothing incredible (that shootout lasted JUST A BIT too long for me). Most people see it for the scenes of gore and nastiness which aren't that bad to me. Then again I've seen some of the most horrible and disgusting movies ever made.

Also be sure not to miss That Little Monster. It was just released on DVD here and it's really something.

Later all...

9. New version of Meet the Feebles? When when when when when?!?!?!?!?!

And where's that special edition of The Frighteners? I want the extras that were on the Laserdisc.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. Well, I think Bad Taste is hillarious And those gore scenes were pleasant extra