Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Obscure and Underated Horror Movies

1. wowsers, thread revival to the max...

Another one that I saw on late night TV was "Gnat". It was about a huge killer hamster thing, and you get to see it attack a synchronised swimming team!

2. Originally posted by arjue
    wowsers, thread revival to the max...

Another one that I saw on late night TV was "Gnat". It was about a huge killer hamster thing, and you get to see it attack a synchronised swimming team!
    haha, holy crap. i wanna see this movie.

3. Well, I think Bad Taste is hillarious And those gore scenes were pleasant extra
    Peter Jackson's gem of a zombie flick. Grosses you out and makes you roll laughing.

My recs go to:

Night of the Creeps - Gotta love those slugs

Angel Heart - Not really horror, but scary none the least.

Back with more...

4. The Fortress. It's a really brutal Aussie movie from the 80's about a classroom terrorized and kidnapped by a group of masked psychopaths.

Kinda tough to find on video, but worth tracking down.

And Night Of The Creeps is pure gold. This, by the way, was the first movie I ever saw with an alternate ending.

5. Yeah, I really liked original ending of Night of the Creeps much better. Insted of silly, the dog is zombie scene US version has, I saw the one with old cop, now zombie wondering into cemetary. Then you hear his head popping open, and slugs craling on the ground, and into the graves. And then there is Alien space ship in the sky

Despair did you ever see Session 9?

7. Nope Still havent watched it I know I suck. But lately my schedule is all packed up, with games, work and other stuff.

I didnt forget it about it though

8. Originally posted by Korian
    Despair did you ever see Session 9?

I saw Session 9 a couple of months ago...I thought it was great, it dragged a little in a few parts, but it was totally worth the ending.

I think I saw Last House on the Left at this horror convention I went to, was it the one with a bad dubbing job about that guy who gets out of prison and makes and sells snuff films to that rich guy? If so it was pretty good, but almost nonsensical...the part where they beat that guys whife while she is on the floor with the makeup on was fucked up. Disregard this paragraph if it makes no sense.

Has anyone seen Dagon? A friend of mine rccomended it, but I am afraid to rent it, because anything with HP Lovecrafts name on the cover usually ends up not being very lovecraftian. She said it rocked regardless.

Here is a list of my favorites...

Event Horizon - SciFi/Horror, probably my two favorite genres
    In The Mouth of Madness - Doesnt have the Lovecraft name on it, and is the closest a movie has ever gotten to a HP story.
    The Stuff - a new marketed yogurt treat that no one can stop eating, and it cant stop eating THEM.
    C.H.U.D. - Canibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers...lol
    Troll - I love this movie, and dont understand how the sequel was so horrible (Nilbog spelled backwards is Goblin!)
    The Fog - classic
    Pirahna 1&2 - who in the fuck would crossbreed Pirahna and Flying fish?
    From Beyond - Messed up my brain when I was 5...especially that leech thing

also the assorted stuff you see on TV alot.

Worms
    Slugs
    Frogs
    Alligator

9. Hell, I like Pirahnia 2 Lance Henriksen in it, and its directed by James Cameron

I liked Dagon. I though it stayed close to Lovecraft roots, had good atmosphere of creepeness and dredd. I recomend it.

I kinda liked Chud too, why? I have no idea?

Anyone see Tales from the Hood?

it had some very intersting stories that dealt with racial issues, but it was stiil cool.