Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 so far.

1. 2002 so far.

Its been A very strange year for Anime thus far. Lots of ups and downs, weird news and releases coming from outta nowhere in particular.

As far as releases go, Soultaker was<is> amazing, Now and Then Here and There is also amazing<didnt see that one comin didja??>, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust was even better on DVD then in theaters <IMO>,Jin-Roh..well..I still avent watced it all quite yet...but soon, I promise!! Fooly Cooly got pushed back<boo!!>, Metropolis got pushed back<Boo!!> and<BOOOOOOOOO!! in advance> once again those co@ksm@kers at Manga have pushed back my beloved Eva movies<Boo!! again..boo the filthy bastard>. But we do finally have A Spriggan release date, Berserk drops very soon and tons of Lupin'ny goodness is on the horizon..oh and something called Excel Saga is being released finally after many idle threats.

As far as news goes....WOW!!!!!
    The nuts not only get there Big O season 2...but we<the good o US of A> get it before Japan. Hellsing,X the series,Noir,Spirited Away,Millenium Actress and presumably Knockin on Heavens Door have all been acquired and ar soon to be release later this year. Not to mention the just announced Trigun video game develoed by Smilebit<ya know..those SEGA guys>.

As far as mags go...well..alls still the same. They all kinda suck..yet give me what I need so I keep buying them.
    Play is putting them all to shame<even though there reviewers are...uhmm..easily excitable> still no US Newtype<must be waiting for that whole mainstream Anime acceptance thing> and Morning Mayo is still online only<cum on Doshi..give us A good Anime mag to read!..and dont foge to hire Shola formerly of Anime Republic>.

As far as tv goes...ehh...I still prefer to buy and watch my Anime uncut so no AnimeAdultSwim for me...now OG Adult Swim on the other hand.....I praise God for my blessed Home Movies almost daily and would gladly beat,murder then rape,resurrect then murder you all again for Home Movies season 1,2<and the recently announced 3..ha ha...suck on dat Riisu!!!> on DVD...only time will tell I guess.

Not around as much..still love you all though<ok..maybe not..but I wouldnt kill any of you....without good reason>.

sincerely

lee vicious

aka verbal<like you couldnt tell>

2. I liked your old name better...!

Anyway, SoulTaker is godly... Three more volumes to go! I hope they're as good as the first. I'm really just finally getting into anime, so there's a lot of stuff I have to catch up on... This year should be pretty... expensive.

3. Its still me...but in reality I decided to alter my moniker and since im the same in the Wired as in the real world I figured...

I love Soultaker also....the scary thing is, I bet it just keeps on getting better...sadly its only 13eps instead of the<used ta be> standard 26eps<sniff> Oh well.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Anime...enjoy!!

signed

verbal

sorry..old habits n such

4. See, Verbal (shaddup...I'll adapt eventually), there is no reason to not be watching Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's very lightly cut.

And it rocks.

'Nuff said.

5. I rented Soultaker.

I thought it would've been good.

I was wrong.

I want my $2.50 back dammit.

6. Feel free to call me verbal, and I know ill catch A bad one for this but<gulp>...i've yet to see one episode of YUYU Hakusho<arghh!!!!!!!!! stop pelting me with rocks!!!>, what can I say, it comes on while im at the J O B. Maybe one day ill get the chance to watch everyones favorite new Funimation. As for Free....ter<see, I can restrain> goes...I can see the majority not understanding or liking Soultaker. Visually its insane, so much to the point of distracting you from seeing any of the action,I like to call it Ashes of Time syndrome, whereas the action itself is hard to follow amidst the speed and utter chaos. I love that f'n movie....and I love this f'n series. Nice to hear from you though. Now in Trigun the series, Vash does everything possible to avoid fighting<killing> how in the hell can an action game be made, following that principle and still be entertaining?? I cant see it happening..but if theres one company that can make it possible its....<cue SEGA scream from old school Genesis\Saturn days>.

sincerely

vlv

Deus13 Guest
    Thats...a lot of news and stuff....

8. Originally posted by lee vicious
    As for Free....ter<see, I can restrain> goes...I can see the majority not understanding or liking Soultaker. Visually its insane, so much to the point of distracting you from seeing any of the action,I like to call it Ashes of Time syndrome, whereas the action itself is hard to follow amidst the speed and utter chaos. I love that f'n movie....and I love this f'n series. Nice to hear from you though.
    Oh...so you're Verbal.

You wanna know what killed Soultaker for me?

The schoolgirl.

THE FREAKIN SCHOOLGIRL.

Rule of dark gothic like series(both animated and live action): Don't give me any cutesy characters. Keep it raw and menacing, or I lose interest REAL quick.

9. 2002 rules because of one series: Full Metal Panic

10. Re: 2002 so far.

Originally posted by lee vicious
    oh and something called Excel Saga is being released finally after many idle threats.
    Dont hold your breath for ES...I got some fansubs, and returned them. Seriously this series was CRAP. It really rubbed me the wrong way. The jokes got stale as hell after the first 5 eps. And I watched up to 20. Just in case you were wondering, I like Cowboy Bebop, Lain, Fushigi Yuugi, Love Hina, Eva, and Inu Yasha.
    Take it for what you will.