Thread: The PS LCD screens....

1. The PS LCD screens....

which is the best? i see the SONY ones for $100 or generic ones for about $50 on ebay. is there that much of a difference? im sure the official one fits like a glove but is it really worth double the price? anybody tried multiple screens?

lithium Guest
    I've got a cheapy generic screen and I think it works just fine. The screen is bright and not too washed out (just a little), and the sound is fine too. I see no reason to get the official screen. It's also larger than the Sony screen, which is nice.

3. From what I've heard and seen, you definitely want the official Sony one.

4. For my MiracleRay project I used the Sony PSOne LCD because I heard that the others used composite video to display video and I wanted RGB because of the superior quality.
    Here's a shot of the RGB quality picture from the GBA:

Note that the black border is not present when you play PSOne games.

seen

5. the psone screen is definetly worth the few extra dollars...it is so pretty...and has nice, nice sound to boot for the size...

6. The Official Sony Screen is vastly superior picture quality wise. I had two third party screens prior to the Official Sony one being released and when it was released it put both of them to shame. It's well worth the extra cost.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I've had an Interact screen and it was total ass, I returned it immediately. I don't own the Sony screen yet due to its high price, but I looks great on the displays at EB and Funcoland.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

The Sony screen is a RGB monitor. You shouldn't have to ask any more questions.