Thread: Konami no longer will be making ESPN games

1. Konami no longer will be making ESPN games

Konami will no longer renew the ESPN license.

After two years of using the ESPN license to market and promote its sports games, Konami decided not to resign a contract with ESPN for future sports titles.

When contacted on the phone, a Konami representative would not elaborate on the details, but officially confirmed the contract has ended.

"The ESPN license has ended," said a Konami representative. "We will not renew it. However, we will continue any game that has already been scheduled using the ESPN license."

Source: IGN

2. Good. Now be a good little company and get me my 2D Castlevania.

And Policenauts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. Re: Konami no longer will be making ESPN games

Originally posted by bandit
    Konami will no longer renew the ESPN license.

After two years of using the ESPN license to market and promote its sports games, Konami decided not to resign a contract with ESPN for future sports titles.

When contacted on the phone, a Konami representative would not elaborate on the details, but officially confirmed the contract has ended.

"The ESPN license has ended," said a Konami representative. "We will not renew it. However, we will continue any game that has already been scheduled using the ESPN license."

Source: IGN

HAHA! I think it's because, they've been getting no money out of it. Which...isn't bad for Konami since I know they want to improve them image as the classic dynamo as they once were.

Hm...I guess maybe I shouldn't review those Winter games now

Looks like someone got a fresh batch of sense...

If I was Sega I would snap it up very very quickly and watch EA go bye-bye. You just have to love the ESPN look, and combined with Sega's gameplay........ damn

6. Originally posted by piku
    If I was Sega I would snap it up very very quickly and watch EA go bye-bye. You just have to love the ESPN look, and combined with Sega's gameplay........ damn
    Sega is fine the way they are..no need to taint their reputation..maybe EA should pick it up