Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No MLB strike

1. No MLB strike

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0830/1425017.html

I'm not sure if this is just delaying the inevitable or not, but at least my beloved Angels will get a chance to make the playoffs.

Oh, and no contraction through 2006.

A step in the right direction? I hope so.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Well, i guess it will keep baseball going but if you think it will improve the current competitive balence situation in any way, you are dead wrong. It still does nothing to help smaller teams and does nothing to deter bigger teams from spending. That 258 million dollars that are supposed to be spread to smaller clubs will go right in the small-town owners pockets to recoup losses...little of that will be put into player salaries. And do you think Steinbrenner won't spend an extra 20 million dollars to keep a his current roster? of course, he will

Oh, and I am a Yankee fan, by the way, but I'd like to see some more competition across the board.

3. i think baseball players should go on strike long term. like 75 years.

4. baseball > no baseball

5. aww shucks. *snaps fingers*

6. Love has broken out:

I agree with Amerlop though, I am not sure if this will be enough to truly help the game. I am very skeptical. It will probably help a little bit, I just hope it's enough for now. Then maybe the owners can get a hard cap in the next contract. We'll see...

Anyway, my sole interest is the Expos and contraction is dead and the Expos should be in Montréal for 2003. They're already negotiating their lease and there are 3 Québec ownerships rumoured to be bidding on the team, plus the old owners are still suing MLB/Selig/Loria. If they sort this mess out and keep the team I'll be happy. If not, they can all go have intercourse with themselves.

7. Phillies are currently .500

Also on their way to being 1 game over .500 with a win tonight against the Muts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

8. The Red Sox have something like 14 games against the D-Rays and the Orioles this month. Wild card time, baby!

9. ...and look at all the fans go back like nothing happened. Battered wife syndrome? I think so.

Oh well, I was kinding of hoping a strike would ensue so when it resolved all those dumbasses would stare blankly at the empty stadiums and say, "Huh? Why isn't anyone dealing with our shit anymore?"