Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Killers...^_~

Originally posted by Despair
    But if you look on some of the prices new special editions get in the stores now days, you can imagine how much they will be once they go oop.
    Good point.

MrBogus-fan Guest
    Originally posted by Despair
    You mean The Killer? Wonderfull movie directed by John Woo, starring Chow Yun Fat and Danny Lee. One of my most favorite films, I seen it more than 30 times, and every time it excites me just if it was my first. Great characters and story, awesome action that havent been matched in intesity in any other film except Woo's Hardboiled, and sad ending.

There are few versions of this film on DVD: HK version by Winstar, US Foxlorber DVD, and out of print Criterion disk, which is very expensive. I have Fox Lorber Double set of The Killer/Harboiled, and quite happy with it.
    Once again despair, jae, ragnarok, and nash, and 88mph are showing their idiocy...HK films are boring and don't compare to classics such as Jean claude vann dame's "Lionheart". I repect you guys opinions but man show some respect for the originator of martial arts film...

3. Hahaha, Now thats classic

Great one there. I have nothing, against Van Damm, but get your facts right before you post. Films we named not martial arts films, but more of straight action ones, so comparing them with some of Van Damm films wont work.

Van Damm did work with John Woo though, on Hard Target, and it resulted in the best film of Van Damm's career. Too bad it was severely cut to get R rating. You need to get directors cut of this film, its much better. And Lance Henrikses is wonderfull as Fuchon, films main bad guy, and Arnold Vasloo is not bad either.

4. Originally posted by MrBogus-fan

Once again despair, jae, ragnarok, and nash, and 88mph are showing their idiocy...HK films are boring and don't compare to classics such as Jean claude vann dame's "Lionheart". I repect you guys opinions but man show some respect for the originator of martial arts film...

In what ways are HK films boring...?
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

5. yo, i am the biggest van damme fan on these boards. i have every van damme movie (except for the french one, rue barbare). van damme is the kickest damn kicking asskicking action hero to ever kicked on the silver screen.

lionheart is a great one. ya gotta love josh. "now look here, look here..." anyone notice van damme always has some black guy as a side kick? dennis rodman in double team, josh in lionheart, benson in death warrant, another black guy in legionnaire, the black dude in hard target, etc.

despair, i agree, hard target is van damme's best movie. i think it's even better than face/off, in terms of john woo's american movies. it's gotta better pacing, less slow motion, and lots of kicking.

6. Damn yeah! Face Off has some great action pieces, but too much whining of the Cage caracter killed the film for me. And that friking happy end. At least they should have left him with a bad face.

Hard Target, is more sreamlined action film. Great shootouts, especially end factory show down. Cool characters, Fuchon and Van Cleaf are awesome. Too bad it had to be trimmed pretty bad for its theatrical release, but I love my DC copy, and watch it every few months.