Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon (Saturn & X-Box) thread.

1. Polyphony Digital? If that's true, then that's kinda cool/weird.

2. Originally posted by EvilMog007
    I liked 1 and 2 but didnt like Saga at all. Thats just me though. Everyone else loves the game. Then again I played it after finishing FF7. And saga just seemed shitty after that.
    ...right...

3. Polyphony Digital?
    Ah, so that's it. I knew it started with a "P".

4. my panzer collection will be buried with me. the music and atmosphere the series conjures is hard to come by.

5. Polyphony Digital? If that's true, then that's kinda cool/weird.
    And naturally, their first game was Omega Boost.

Some of Andromeda's members also joined Smilebit and worked on Jet Grind Radio.

6. I got the first Panzer a few months ago and enjoy it. Just need to beat that tunnel boss...
    pwned by Ivan

7. I cherish Panzer I and II on Saturn, I regret selling my Saga for $150 back about 2 years ago since I've yet to find a replacement. Orta looks mindblowing, and oh, Orta, damn, more female leads please
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

8. I wasn't immediately impressed with the Original Panzer Dragoon (I got it well after Zwei and Saga came out, though I hadn't played those either) but after a spell I started to have an absolute blast with the game... it was really fun and kinda... etheral at the same time. GunValkyrie reminds me of the original soooo much. I hope so much for a sequel to that game (moreso than a Saga sequel). Zwei made the game an experince. Saga was cool, less with the action, but bathed in the atmosphere of Zwei allowing you to soak it in in a way that the shooters could not. The world is a quiet, stark beauty. Orta looks like Zwei but with the deep quiet ambiance of Saga and graphics that really REALLY deliver all of that very well. If they made another RPG, I would be the first in line for it, butI would more perfer a GunValkyrie Zwei Taking the gameplay of the original and refineing it like PDZ did and shapeing the atmosphere to a living, breathing world.

I wish for too much these days though.

ºTracer
    o_O

Well I doubt I'm alone (I know ruhztee agrees with me) when I say Zwei had possibly the coolest music and atmosphere ever seen in a shooter, ever. Saga was an incredible RPG I thought, I loved the real-time system and like Zwei, the music and atmosphere was almost orgasmic. I would love to see this game remade for one of the current systems (likely the XBox if its ever going to happen) just so I could play it again with better visuals. It could be straight port for all I care, so long as the graphics got overhauled it would be worth $50 new (not to mention the Saturn one in new condition will
    run you about 3 times that much. )
    For all the people who've yet to get an XBox (me ), just think about how small a price $250 is to play to finally see the Panzer Dragoon series unrivaled atmosphere in unbridled hi-res glory. Orta will rock your collective asses.

10. Originally posted by Sqoon

And naturally, their first game was Omega Boost.

Some of Andromeda's members also joined Smilebit and worked on Jet Grind Radio.

If you're talking about Polyphony Digital, their first game was Gran Tourismo. Omega Boost was a pretty cool game in it's own rights.

I have all 3 Panzer games on the Saturn. I bought the first, after I had enough playtime with Daytona, Virtua Fighter, and Pebble Beach Gold. I wanted something new to play, and Panzer Dragoon looked interesting. I could'nt beleive how great this game was. I'm glad I did'nt pass on the game, as I was ho hum on buying it.