Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon (Saturn & X-Box) thread.

1. how is Omega Boost? worth tracking down?

2. This link explains this whole Polyphony Digital thing nicely.

3. Originally posted by plik
    how is Omega Boost? worth tracking down?
    I thought the game was pretty cool, but it gave me motion sickness, for some reason. I had my copy stolen back in October and have yet to replace it. If you have no problem with FPS games giving you a ugh feeling, then I defineatly recommend this game.

4. Originally posted by gamevet

If you're talking about Polyphony Digital, their first game was Gran Tourismo. Omega Boost was a pretty cool game in it's own rights.

I have all 3 Panzer games on the Saturn. I bought the first, after I had enough playtime with Daytona, Virtua Fighter, and Pebble Beach Gold. I wanted something new to play, and Panzer Dragoon looked interesting. I could'nt beleive how great this game was. I'm glad I did'nt pass on the game, as I was ho hum on buying it.
    He was talking about the first game Polyphony made with the new members from Andromeda.

5. I never really got into the first 2 Panzer games. They were stylistically amazing, but they didn't get lots of play because I hate games that don't allow you to save. I also don't like linear 3D shooters (didn't like Starfox either). Orta looks amazing, but if it doesn't have some sort of a save feature, I'm not interested.

What I'd really like is a Panzer Dragoon action RPG that mixes elements from the shooters and PDS. I'd love to roam around a huge, non-linear world, leveling my dragon up as I go.

6. I got the first Panzer a few months ago and enjoy it. Just need to beat that tunnel boss...
    I just beat the tunnel boss last night. That tunnel stage is amazing! All the enemies shooting at you while you speed through the passageways and the camera occasionally zooming around in 360 degrees. Played quite a bit of the stage after where you fly over that huge grassy/forest area and fight multiple battle ships. The game just keeps getting more impressive as I go on.

I think Omega Boost is pretty underrated myself. I only rented it once but what I played of it, although nothing mindblowing, was still plenty fun IMHO.

7. the PD series is one of my favorites, only after aquiring a Saturn back in May (used for EB for only 20 bucks)... and I immediately fell in love with the games

Zwei is far superior to the original, but that doesn't mean the Original is bad... i felt the atmosphere in Zwei was much better, and the story was much more apparent

i'm nearing completion of PDS, and loving every minute of it... Fantastic battle system, interesting story, and great atmosphere

... i can't wait for Orta

Panzer Dragoon Saga minor SPOILER.

I loved it when you read that part in Saga that was from(I think, I don't remember it well) the old dragon rider in the other Panzer Dragoon games.

9. Panzer Dragoon Orta should continue the awesomeness of the series - Its my most-wanted game this Fall
    - Kabuki

10. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Panzer Dragoon Saga minor SPOILER.

I loved it when you read that part in Saga that was from(I think, I don't remember it well) the old dragon rider in the other Panzer Dragoon games.
    That really was striking... poignant even.

ºTracer