Thread: Mafia coming to ps2 and xbox

1. Mafia coming to ps2 and xbox

I think Andy787 started a thread about the PC version one a while ago..
    Mafia set to hit PS2 and Xbox in 2003
    » The Godfather of gaming is coming to consoles.

Take Two Interactive's mobster simulator, Mafia, which has just released on the PC, is now scheduled to hit both the Xbox and PS2 next year.

Mafia puts the player in the shoes of a small time criminal in 1930's New York as he works his way up the Mob ladder, eventually gaining enough respect and loyalty to earn the name of Kingpin.

Both versions of the game are set to release next March.
    [ Source: IGN ]

Andy787 Guest
    Yep. Ya limey bastards should be thanking the stars

3. I never woulda guessed that Andy would post in a Mafia topic.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Well..I have the PC Mafia and I must say that I am really enjoying it. Great story, graphics, sound and music..etc.. I think its a natural for consoles.

The only thing bad that may happen is that Mafia will end up being compared to GTA3, which is wrong since Mafia is nothing like GTA3. Mafia doesn't have the freedom of GTA3 (since the game is story driven..unlike GTA3 where you pretty much do whatever mission is available to you) and the driving scenes are a bit slower due to the fact that you have to obey driving laws (speeding..etc) to avoid the police.

I'm sure the X-Box version will be perfect, though I'm afraid the textures and resolution may get butchered by the PS2..but it doesnt matter since Mafia is just an excellent game with a great story and some really great scenes.

If you have a great PC I suggest you get that version, but I'm sure the console ports will be excellent.