Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything old is new......again

zidane747 Guest

Everything old is new......again

Scanning the mag racks at Gamestop, the eye(well, actually 6 eyes, if you include the blue ones)of one bad-ass ninja: Hotsuma, caught my......um.....eye(damn, where's my thesaurus?!). It was like a dream come true; Shinobi, revisited, on the PS2. Yes, the time to rejoice is now. Flipping through the mag(which is PSM, that has a really nice new layout design,btw), I accidentally skipped the page covering Shinobi, and instead of scrolling back, my eyes suddenly became glued once again: Contra and Rygar, revisited, on the PS2?!

......okay, so maybe I wasn't that shocked(since I knew), but the sight of three classic games being remade on next-gen hardware was hard to ignore. Out of the three, I'm most excited about Shinobi, followed by Contra, then Rygar. All 3 have sweet,sweet graphics, and from what I can tell, the core gameplay seems intact(according to PSM). I'm very excited about these games(although getting a GC in a week will somewhat damper that excitement......Shine Get!!). Which of the three are you most looking forward to?

2. Zidane's back?

And he learned how to spell?

*dead*

Anyway, I\'m really psyched about Contra. I\'m interested in Rygar, but I don\'t know enough to be all that excited. I wasn\'t impressed by Shinobi, and I never really played the originals, so I don\'t care much about that one for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. Zidane always knew how to spell, he just had a broken spacebar on his keyboard or something.

And I'm looking most forward to Shinobi...I think.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by burgundy
    Zidane's back?

And he learned how to spell?

*dead*

Anyway, I\'m really psyched about Contra. I\'m interested in Rygar, but I don\'t know enough to be all that excited. I wasn\'t impressed by Shinobi, and I never really played the originals, so I don\'t care much about that one for now.

YYes, oft courze i new how two spel; efer sinze my fone broken,hive hat two pley huked on foniks: Osama Bin Laden editon,witch iz the seme gami hat he uzed. Cuul,hhuhh^**! Now, it''z beck two pleyinng molto mario suhnshinz!!!!

NOTE: If you can somehow comprehend that above statement perfectly, just take your fingers off your keyboard and back away.......back the HELL away.......

5. Re: Everything old is new......again

Originally posted by zidane747
    I'm very excited about these games(although getting a GC in a week will somewhat damper that excitement......Shine Get!!).
    zidane you have obviously been away too long...nintendo stole our GET!

zidane747 Guest

Re: Re: Everything old is new......again

Originally posted by Videodrone

zidane you have obviously been away too long...nintendo stole our GET!

WTF?!!!! They STOLE our GET?!! They're already dead........rally the troops!!! Guys, it's time to charge......ready!!!.......ready?!......guys?.....gu.......*damn*

7. Contra is the number one game I'm looking forward to this year.
    btw, welcome back Zidane.
    pwned by Ivan

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Green

btw, welcome back Zidane.

Thank you ever so kindly, Green. It's nice to see the barely-unchanged design of TNL again!!

Only joking, of course(*peers around for Bahn*)

9. If I were to read Shinobi impressions in PSM, I might just have to end it all. Seriously.

zidane747 Guest
    Originally posted by Rob
    If I were to read Shinobi impressions in PSM, I might just have to end it all. Seriously.

Hey, PSM's not THAT bad. Okay, maybe the writing is sub-par by Gamepro standards, but the pics and layout are very nice, and they have some interesting news sometimes. Damn them for blaming Chibi-chan for being too "kiddie"!!!