Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Werewolves in anime

1. Werewolves in anime

I do not know alot when it comes to anime, I am getting into it more but I still don't know that many series.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good animes with werewolves in them, I know of Night Warriors and Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust but I can't think of any others... maybe The Slayers but that is about it. So any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

2. There are some sorta wolf like men that make a brief appearance in Escaflowne.
    Lots of wolves in Jin-Roh (Jin-Roh means "wolf pack", I think). Great anime dealing with a post WW2 Japan where the Germans won the war. Its a character study that is based on an old telling of Little Red Riding Hood.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Thanks Green , I just bought Escaflowne on DVD too... I was wondering would it be better to watch the series first or the movie?

4. watch Rurouni Kenshin! the Shinsen Gumi are known as the "Wolves of Mibu"! ok so they're not real wolves and most of em aren't even in the TV series but watch it anyways :P

Then theres the Fatal Fury animes! Terry is nicknamed "the lone wolf"! Even the title for the 1st OVA was Legend of the Hungry Wolves!

if any of those don't count then uh...Princess Mononoke has wolves in it

5. Though I haven't seen the movie, I'm 99 percent sure you should watch the series first.
    Now go get Jin-Roh, its a somber movie, but its supposed to be that way. Shinobi128 uses the main character (Fuse) as his avatar. In a way, its very much a werewolf movie as one of its themes is about how inhuman (beastish) man can be.

Kenshin is a loong series, so you'll need to know what to get (vol 1-3, 7-16, and the OVAs which are called Samurai X). Mononoke is a masterpiece and has some GIANT wolves as supporting characters. Lone Wolf and Cub is one of my favorite mangas, but it doesn't really have any wolves besides some for metaphor.

Oh, and one more thing you\'ll like if you\'re a LOTR fan: The Battle of Helms Deep in the Two Towers will be nearly an hour long and will have some Orcs riding upon Wargs (giant evil wolves).
    pwned by Ivan

6. Originally posted by Green
    Now go get Jin-Roh, its a somber movie, but its supposed to be that way. Shinobi128 uses the main character (Fuse) as his avatar. In a way, its very much a werewolf movie as one of its themes is about how inhuman (beastish) man can be.

7. Originally posted by Shinobi128

And what are you smiling at

I guess if it is good enough to be Shinobi128's avatar I should check it out

8. Yeah, Werewolf, Jin-roh is pretty good film. Its not an action film, but more of character study, but it also have some very cool action moments. And alot of wolf imagery. Check it out.

9. Originally posted by Werewolf

And what are you smiling at

I guess if it is good enough to be Shinobi128's avatar I should check it out
    Make sure you get the special edition 3-disc set.

10. Shinobi, I think I seen a nice looking Fuse action figure at animegamers.
    pwned by Ivan