Thread: Kasumi in schoolgirl uniform ;)

1. Kasumi in schoolgirl uniform ;)

heres a request I did for a friend of Kasumi from DOA in her school uniform. just messing around with a different style of shading. I have a whole scene in mind for this so hopefuly by next week Ill have a whole background in effect but Id like to here any thoughts about this in the meantime.

2. Hey drclaw/loki/ryan mack!
    Anyway, pretty nice work. I can see the difference in shading. Well, here's some things I see:
    Her left (our right) arm looks a bit odd to me, like it's been at some odd angle. Maybe it's the shirt doing it. Also, her face seems kind of compressed together. Maybe it's her head making me think so, or her right (our left) eye that's making me think so. But hey, it's pretty good! Post up the finished version, and keep up the good work my friend!

3. hehe, you dont have to use all my names when your addressing me, just one will do or even half of one (ryan is fine so is mack so is claw as well as "the man" and sometimes sparky )

as for the arm, your right man I need to work on that, its whacked out of place a bit.

someone else said the face looked strange and they commented about the eye too, but it seems ok to me, I think its the eyebrow line and alignment of the nose that are messing with the eyes...any thoughts on that?

4. Originally posted by ryan mack
    hehe, you dont have to use all my names when your addressing me, just one will do or even half of one (ryan is fine so is mack so is claw as well as "the man" and sometimes sparky )

as for the arm, your right man I need to work on that, its whacked out of place a bit.

someone else said the face looked strange and they commented about the eye too, but it seems ok to me, I think its the eyebrow line and alignment of the nose that are messing with the eyes...any thoughts on that?
    Heh, cool pencil work, but to whomever gave you that preliminary critique is correct on a few things. Here's what I picked up:

<ul type="square">
    <li>The face doesn't seem to have enough dimension and the eyes seem pasted on, instead of looking as if they're actually part of her face...

<li>The eyes, though I understand you meant to convey their perspective in from a slight angle...are not aligned correctly. If she's supposed to be winking, the left (your right) should be closed. If they're both supposed to be opened, then the eyes should be sized a bit better.

<li>Wildcat's points about the hand are also true. The two lines perched above her nose throws off her facial expression. You can't tell if she's disgruntled or happy.

There are a few other minor things...but that's being incredibly nitpicky, and believe me - the last thing I wanna do is come off preachy. Because even I need work on my pics in various areas.
    </ul>

To the pics credit, the shading is pretty solid. Very uniform.

Keep at it man...great to see you posting with us again!

5. Nice work. Shading is pretty good, but you need to fix that left eye. It doesnt feel natural on the face at all.

6. bahn and despair thanks for the crits, I know I can fix the things you mentioned, so I'll be sure to take another crack at it. I prolly wont post this again until I finish the whole scene, which will take some time, so just wanna say thanks.