Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets remember...Tapper!

1. Lets remember...Tapper!

http://www.klov.com/T/Tapper.html

Simple, addictive, FUN! Tapper was initially released in 1983 by Midway. There were two versions, one with Budweiser beer , and the other with root beer .

The premise was very simple:

-serve beer to patrons

-catch empty glasses before they fell off the bar

-collect $$

Tapper was fast-paced and fun, with lots of stuff to keep track of on the screen. The arcade cab had an awesome control scheme- There was an actual beer-tap controller! A joystick moves the bartender, and the beer-tap fills the mugs (duh).

Fun, fun, fun.

I believe that an NES version of Root Beer Tapper (of course) was released. However, I have yet to see a copy myself.

Who remembers this classic "bowling alley" (because thats where they tend to be found) arcade game?

2. Never played it in the arcade, but I think I've played it on a console or pc at one point through the years.

The deluxe cabinet with the tap, wood accents, and metal foot rail is gorgeous though.

3. I love the game. I've got it on one of the PSX compilation discs. Fun stuff.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. One of the coolest arcade controllers/cabinets ever.

I have the PSX comp as well, and my wife & I have spent many evenings serving (root) brewskies. She's actually better than me at it.

Think we'll break it out tonight.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

I haven't played the arcade original but I enjoyed playing the C64 version back then.

I have never heard of a version for the NES before.

6. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!!!

What PSX compilation?

When did it come out?

What is the exact name of this compilation?

* zerodash excitement level +12 *

Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Midway Collection 2. It came out in '97 or '98. I didn't buy it right away and now I can't find it.

8. It MIGHT be on one of the DC compilation games as well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. WOW

*adds to his wish list*

Thanx guys

10. You shall love ANYTHING with Tapper on it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan