Thread: Project Searchlight

1. Project Searchlight

God damn this is hilarious. Has anyone been watching it? I really hope this comes out on DVD with behind the scenes footage cause everything about this is funny as hell. The guy that won the contest is getting screwed royally (and he's a fucking moron to boot). The stars of the movie are getting fucked up (one gets hit by a car, another gets attacked by a bike owner whose bike was stolen by the prop guy, and yet another is electrocuted). The funniest shit so far was the end of the third part. The guy that plays jesus gets electrocuted after the sprinklers go off and the set is getting ruined. Dennis Leary is sitting there in his million dollar directors chair with an umbrella up drinking a beer saying "That ain't good." Fucking hilarious. But the last episode has it's fair share of funny shit. For starters the audience is leaving after the show's being delayed from filming cause the guy that got electrocuted is late and this lady has to get more people. She finds a bus of kids and is thanking her dead grandma. Then later we find out that the kids aren't laughing at the jokes. Why? Cause they're all deaf. And the end...god damn the end was great. If you haven't seen them all Comedy Central is showing all four back to back on sunday night. Don't miss it. I laughed my ass off at all the insanity that was going on.

Later all...

2. Dennis Leary isn't that funny to me either (though I thought he was great in Suicide Kings...Gimme the busket.) but it's the situations that happen that are the funny shit. Leary isn't where most of the hilarity comes from (though I still think that part where he's sitting in his chair while the guy is getting electrocuted is the funniest part in the show). Maybe some people don't like this kind of stuff but it's seriously funny to me. Just how everything ALWAYS get's fucked up with the show. Actually it's fucked up from the start even before they pick a winner. Murphy's Law of "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong" applies to this show rather well. If you don't laugh at least once then blame it on me I guess. Again, I seriously hope they put out a dvd of this with more behind the scenes stuff. It's the funniest new thing I've seen on Comedy Central in a while.

Later all...

You reminded me, Dennis Leary was very funny in Suicide Kings.

He was also involved in one of my favorite scenes in a movie ever. Can you guess which one?

Hint: It wasn't very funny.