Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Remember...Duck Tales!

1. Lets Remember...Duck Tales!

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/dtales1.html

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/dtales2.html

The 2 Duck Tales games released on the NES in the early 90's were simple, fun platformers- And there's nothing wrong with that!

You are McDuck, Scrooge McDuck. You are rich, yet want even more riches. Rather than employ traditional methods of getting richer, Scrooge has decided to go platforming throughout the world in search of treasure. (Personally, I would just swim in my money bin all day)

Scrooge only did a few things: walk, climb, and bounce on his cane- Rolento-style! Thats the real charming part of these games. Scrooge could use his cane to pog-stick around the stages, and onto his foes. his cane can also be used to whack stones and other objects around.

The first game had you seeking out $$, the second had you looking for pieces of a map that leads to treasure that means more $$. Both are high quality, simple and fun platformers.

(I would like to see someone take the pogo-stick approach found in DT and apply it to 3-D)

Who remembers these NES games?

2. I remember enjoying the first game, but I never had the chance to play the second one.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. ... There was a 2? O.O

4. Ducktales ruled. You could also hang from stuff using your cane and whacking stuff around was like using the cane as a golf club. The levels were nice and varied and the treasures were all cool. The final race was very cool too, it was good to see almost all the Ducktales characters make a cameo, I don't think Magica De Spell was in the games though. She was a cool villainess.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

5. NES original was good, but I loved Gameboy version. Can't remember how many times I've played it thru...

6. Wasn't the Gameboy version just a remixed black & white version of the NES version? I never paid much heed to Capcom's GB ports of their NES games.

Yes, Tsubaki, there was a Ducktales 2. There was also a Chip 'N Dales 2 if you actually cared about the first one.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

7. Ducktales = GREATNESS!

The cartoon, the movie, the games! You can't go wrong with Ducktales in any of it's forms!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. I so loved Ducktales 1 on the NES. Still one of my all time favorite NES games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Part one was awesome. I still need to play part 2 and the Gameboy version.

10. I just played through the first Ducktales a couple of weeks ago. Great game. The best part was trying to find all of the hidden areas and gems. The bosses were cool too. I always wanted to get the 2nd one but never got around to it.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series