Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 007 Agent Under Fire: Worth $30 bucks?

1. 007 Agent Under Fire: Worth $30 bucks?

It's only $30 at Blockbuster, is it worth it? I played it for a few seconds once at a kiosk and the bullets looked like peas travelling in slow motion, I dunno if it was an unfinished version of the game or if the game is really like that. Anyway, to buy or not to buy? I'm in the mood for a new FPS and I don't want to pay full price for Turok, and I can't wait for Timesplitters 2

...Go buy Goldeneye, the last great Bond game. And if you've beat it, which you've probably have, go beat the game on 00 Agent, and get the 2 secret boards and do whatever else is possible, because it's just that damn fun! .....Now that I mention this, I want to go buy Goldeneye and invite some friends over.. Or SOCOM! SOCOM SOCOM SOCOM!

Andy787 Guest
    I'd give it about an 8 or so if I were to review it. It's quite good, though short and easy. They sure put a lot of work into the breast physics as well, that deserves something.

4. And whatever your choice on games is, ignore Rich.

Andy787 seems to offer the general consensus from what I've heard. Good game, easy, nothing spectacular, fun.

5. Agent Under Fire is more of an Arcade game, but after the second level (which a played over and over again for three days), you won't care.

Nightfire is going to be a more expansive and "Goldeneye" type of shooter. Can't wait.
    1-866-759-2946

6. Well, I thought that AUF was a very fun game. Sure its not VERY long, but its long enough, and it has nice mix of FPS, Car Combat and Shooting levels. Graphically Cube version is great, lots of neat details, and good lighting fx. There are many cool Bond gadgets to use, many weapons and secrets to uncover. And they fixed multiplayer in Cube version, with addition of cpu bots.

Car levels control well, and full of action, as you can drive around the city blowing stuff up(enemies, cars, helicopters), and shooting levels are even better.

Definately the game to at least rent. And I havent seen any problems with framerate, everything was smooth.

Oh no you didn't Mech, Goldeneye is by far the best game of it's genre. I've played Agent Under Fire, it's ok, but again, it's no Goldeneye. Goldeneye was an experience, not just a game. I shall fight you in the name of Goldeneye, Mech!

Originally posted by MechDeus
    And whatever your choice on games is, ignore Rich.

Andy787 seems to offer the general consensus from what I've heard. Good game, easy, nothing spectacular, fun.
    Have you even played it?

8. Goldeneye is by far the best game of it's genre.
    FPS' on the N64 released by Rare that are not PD? That's a helluva genre title.
    Goldeneye was an experience, not just a game.
    I'll say. I was tramautized for days.
    Have you even played it?
    Agent Under Fire? No, that's why I said "what I've heard."

Wow, you have some hatred for Goldeneye...that's..not normal.

10. Eh, it just completely underwhelmed me. I found it to be a mediocre at best FPS that was further hampered by console controls. I saw no reason to play it, and multiplayer was even worse. Explosions that mysteriously linger like gas grenades, sniping battles that are among the most boring I've ever seen or taken part in among any videogame, things like that.