Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voices of a Distant Star.

1. Voices of a Distant Star.

45 minutes.

If this was feature length, it might be the best anime I've ever seen.

The story is based around a guy and a girl, who have been in love since childhood. The girl gets drafted by the 'army' to be a fighter pilot in space. She is forced to leave her love behind, and he is forced to deal with this. The story mainly focuses on the girl, and her messages to the guy (since she is so far, an email takes 6 years to reach him...). The animation is a mixture of CGI and hand drawn, and works wonders! It really is fantastic. The ending theme is one of the most moving pieces of music I have ever heard.

If a short film was based around the song 'Small Two of Pieces', from Xenogears, this would be it.

I know these impressions were a bit vague, but I did that intentionaly.

See this now...
    Boo, Hiss.

2. In case anyone feels like searching for it, try "Hoshi no Koe", you'll get more results.

I'll check this out later.

3. So, did any of you see this yet???

SEE IT!!!!!!
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I will continue to bring this up until someone talks about it with me
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Well, I got it on the D/L, I'll watch it by tomorrow, so I'll see how it is by then.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. I saw a fansub of Hoshi no Koe a little while back. Was pretty interesting and had some good animation. Amazing considering that 1 guy did everything but the music and voices. ADV picked it up for release, but I don't see any info on when its supposed to come out. If its at a reasonable price point I'll pick it up.

7. I just saw this tonight and it was absolutely incredible. The story, voice acting, music, and especially animation were superb. The only thing that turned me off was that some of the animation was too obviously CG, but other than that it was amazing.

8. What do you expect from one guy with a Mac? Keeping that in mind I felt that there could've been more to it but for what it was it's beautiful.

9. An amazing story. I watched the ADV release a few weeks ago and loved it. They also included a short called "She and Her Cat" or something, which is also a great little show Well worth the $12 at an online store.

10. Recent issue of Play talked about this Animation. Pics they had looked pretty good, and so does the story. I will check it out when I will have a chance.