Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets Remember...Solar Jetman!

1. Lets Remember...Solar Jetman!

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/nes/01/solarjetman.html

One of Rare's best games.

Essentially an update of the classic Gravitar, Solar Jetman combines exploration, shooting, and gravity in one well-designed little NES game.

Each stage offers a different level of gravity, and the player maneuvers their space pod by means of a single thruster. The pod can be rotated 360 degrees. You must be careful not to over or underthrust, avoid colliding with walls, manage your very limited fuel level.

You also have to do some shooting. Maneuvering in the caverns and getting off shots can be quite the challenge. Luckily, shooting is kept to a minimum, as the real emphasis of the game is exploration.

In each stage, you need to find and collect fuel for your mothership, treasure, ship upgrades, and pieces of the "Golden Warpship". Just like in Gravitar, you must use a tractor beam to tow your finds back to the mothership.

Money you find throughout your quest can be used inbetween stages to purchase upgrades to your pod- such as efficient engines, better weapons, etc.

A great game, and superior to Gravitar in every way.

Who remembers this NES gem?

2. This game scared the hell out of me. It was too damn hard when I was 6 years old, and it's too damn hard now.

3. I recently played the game while going through my NES collection. It is pretty hard, but it's fun and if you've never heard of it, you should pick it up(i think I got it for like $3 at funcoland).

4. Great game that I also somehow managed to beat when I was seven or eight.

Also has the most memorable code ever: Fill all the blanks with Qs.

I haven't played Solar Jetman in ages. It's a great game as most of Rare's NES games were. I love 360 degrees inertia shooters.

6. Yes it is quite a good game. A little tricky, and a little repeatative. But none the less good fun. If you like this kinda jive I suggest Sub-Terrania for the Genesis. Little more action packed but almost the same game, almost. Mixes in more Shmupping.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. I didn't even know Rare made it. Been looking for a copy for some time now.

8. I still have yet to beat the damn game. I remember picking it up for cheap about two years ago at a Gamestop. I thought it would be easier since I was older, but damn the game is still challenging.

9. Rare should make a sequal to this. Hopefully with all the Microsoft money they got they can make some classic sequals.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. This was one of the more difficult games I remember playing back in the day. I spent about two months putting the Golden Warpship together. The ending was pretty lame, but a fun game nonetheless.

Now when is Rare gonna make a sequal to Cobra Triangle?