Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2232343536

Thread: Can we agree on ONE game?

1. Soon we are going to start this whole mess over and I'm gonna think of a way to make it fair so one person can't ruin it for everyone.

I'll start this over in a week or so.

If you have any ideas on how to make this thing work: as in making it so at least X number of people need to dislike a game or something, toss em out until the new "round" begins.

2. Originally posted by Master
    If you have any ideas on how to make this thing work...
    Limit the number of games someone can select to three. And make any vote/election/nomination beyond their first not count.

Also, ask for an explanation. If they actually have to think about why they don't like something, then they may end up discovering they really never had a problem with it to begin with (IE: me and the Fantastic Four...not the game! The comic ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Excuse me....

Where are:

Galaga
    Zanac
    and
    Snow Bros.?

(add 'em if they're not there)

4. Wario Ware. Everyone loves Wario Ware.

5. You mean MADE IN WARIO.

And yes, everybody loves it. Its a fact.

6. Originally posted by Master
    Soon we are going to start this whole mess over and I'm gonna think of a way to make it fair so one person can't ruin it for everyone.

I'll start this over in a week or so.

If you have any ideas on how to make this thing work: as in making it so at least X number of people need to dislike a game or something, toss em out until the new "round" begins.
    I really don't think this goal will be achievable due to the "Deltas" on this board that have inherent bad taste in games. Why should their opinions count?

Originally posted by Master
    You mean MADE IN WARIO.

And yes, everybody loves it. Its a fact.
    Well there you go then. Goal acheived

7. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    I really don't think this goal will be achievable due to the "Deltas" on this board that have inherent bad taste in games. Why should their opinions count?
    That's the point though. Despite the "inherant bad taste" of the "Deltas" there must be a common ground somewhere. To rule out any one group, be they "Deltas," or fanboys, or hardCORE, or elitist bastards, or any of the other terms people sling back and forth here to undermine the opinion of those they disagree with, there must be some sort of common ground. And I think, while trying not to speak for Master, that's the point of this thread in the first place.

8. Originally posted by Morpheus
    That's the point though. Despite the "inherant bad taste" of the "Deltas" there must be a common ground somewhere. To rule out any one group, be they "Deltas," or fanboys, or hardCORE, or elitist bastards, or any of the other terms people sling back and forth here to undermine the opinion of those they disagree with, there must be some sort of common ground. And I think, while trying not to speak for Master, that's the point of this thread in the first place.
    I understand the point. I just don't agree with it's validity and don't feel it's worth the attempt. This was tried 8 months ago with no hard set result and the same will occur this time around. I even tried to participate with this thread originally but came to my senses when I saw too many excellent games being removed for no "valid" reason other than "it's shit".

That's my .02 and I'm sticking by it.

9. OK. That doesn't mean the whole thing has to be scrapped, though.

What if someone picks a game that not many people have played? How does that work?
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

10. Originally posted by OmniGear
    OK. That doesn't mean the whole thing has to be scrapped, though.

What if someone picks a game that not many people have played? How does that work?
    People will pretend to have played it, say "SHIT" and it is canned. Atleast with reasoning they can't do that, because they haven't played it. I think specific examples would be in order as well, because it's really easy to fake a review.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."