Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: End of Evangelion

1. Originally posted by stormy
    anno is genious. don't question it!
    I question his director skills. "Ooh, let's save money by panning the camera over the manga pages and adding dialogue! I r sm8rt!!"

2. I, having finally seen a copy today and picked it up, am officially late as hell.
    Originally posted by Zenigata
    EoE does give you an end to the story- what happens to the characters and such- but it also gives you things to think about.
    Actually, my problem deals with exactly that. They left you with plenty to "think about" but didn't give closure to the story or any of the characters. WTF? Too busy trying to add in "meaning of human nature" to concentrate on the actual events.

I'm not sure which I like more, the TV series ending or the movie. The TV doesn't affect the outlook of the characters themselves outside of Shinji (and his trying to get ahold of more then he can comprehend), while the movie was overall better but left a bitter taste afterwards in reference to the story.

And now, backtracking into spoilers and what it seems to me:
    Shinji, being the lonely little fag that he is, hated everyone and wanted to be alone, so Giant Rei turns everyone into goo.
    Seemed more like they were being converted (back?) into Lillith, and that action had all of nothing to do with Shinji.
    But after all that happened, Shinji thought about it, said "nah, this world sucks, I need people like my lover Kaworu around me", so Rei complies and restores everyone.
    I'm not so sure everyone came back. It was stated they had the power to come back if they wanted, but I don't think they actually did. It may be in reference to Shinji/Asuka as an Adam/Eve or sorts, though it's pretty damn vague.

3. Even later here. I just watched it 15 minutes ago.

Fuck me, that was... I can't even come up with an adjective.

I don't know what to say to that, but... er, it was enjoyable? Yes...

Oh, and here's another nod to Asuka. And I enjoyed the original ending as well, if it counts for anything. You get what you get, and you think what you think.