Thread: Lets Remember...Loardstar!

1. Lets Remember...Loardstar!

There is only one FMV game would dare suck this much...
    *lowers his helmet visor*
    LOADSTAR!

Released on the Sega CD and 3DO (?) comes this FMV game based largely on Digital Pictures' Sewer Shark. You are named Tully Bodine, and you pilot the "space train" called Loadstar. While this train can travel through space like a lame version of Galaxy Express 999, you still need to take to ground-based tracks in order to deliver your cargo. HUH?

You must steer your train in the right direction to avoid hitting dead ends- like Sewer Shark.

You use a little cursor to shoot things for points- like Sewer Shark.

Story sequences are presented with crappy FMV with crappy actors- like Sewer Shark.

This game is bad- like Sewer Shark.

This game was supposed to be part of a trilogy of games- as the ending saw Tully Bodine heading off to Mars. In fact, the game offered a trailer for part 2. Fortunately, the sequel never came, and the world is safe.

I believe this game was made by an outfit called Red Rocket studios, or something. They had a cool logo...

Who remembers this piece of trash?

2. I'm at work right now pricing games, and whats this? Loadstar happens to be in the stack. Ive never played it, but the back actually looks kinda intresting. What kind of name is Tully Bodine though?

Z-roe
    A is for action

3. There is only one FMV game would dare suck this much...
    *lowers his helmet visor*
    LOADSTAR!
    Haha. Good one.

It was Rocket Science that made this one. I think they had only one good game during their entire lifespan (Lose Your Marbles).

I rented the Sega CD version of Loadstar. It was definitely one of worst games ever made.