Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ack...My RGB rig isn't working

ack...My RGB rig isn't working

I just set up my COmmodore 1084 and newly acquired RGB cable. However, all I get is some scrambled lines. Audio is coming through just fine. I tried flipping the digital to analog switch in the back and I made sure that it was in set to RGB mode (switch is next to the a/v dials at the base of the monitor) but I am not getting a visable signal. Am I missing something? Do I have to "trick" my dreamcast into outputing RGB (I didn't think I had to)? Any help is much appreciated.

2. What kind of cable are you using?

Is it made for use with the 9-pin DIN input?

Originally posted by Click_Stick
    What kind of cable are you using?

Is it made for use with the 9-pin DIN input?
    Yep, it's one of Matt's cables

4. Sounds like a faulty connection, as mine occasionally has the same problem.

Try applying some pressure at the socket and see if you can stabilize the picture that way.

Originally posted by Mode7
    Sounds like a faulty connection, as mine occasionally has the same problem.

Try applying some pressure at the socket and see if you can stabilize the picture that way.
    Nope, it seems to be firmly in place. The v-hold seems to be dialed in right, and the composite input works just fine. I can see the presence of red, blue and green colors and I am playing the Skies of Arcadia disc.

6. Originally posted by amerlop

Nope, it seems to be firmly in place. The v-hold seems to be dialed in right, and the composite input works just fine. I can see the presence of red, blue and green colors and I am playing the Skies of Arcadia disc.
    Well, there's one good reason why it's not working - Skies of Arcadia doesn't support RGB mode!

There are a handful of DC games that won't run in RGB, no matter how hard you try. Gigawing and Skies of A. are the only two I can think of, although there may be others.

Try booting your system with no disk, and see if the picture comes up. If it doesn't, then there's most likely a problem with the cable . It should be working, but if it's not, then you're welcome to send it back - I'll fix it up for you free of charge.

- Matt

7. http://boards.gamers.com/messages/me...arlie&id=zzzdj

A short list of games not compatible with RGB on the Dreamcast courtesy of Sidez.

8. Well, there's one good reason why it's not working - Skies of Arcadia doesn't support RGB mode!
    Actually, it does but not in the RGB mode that most cables are set to. This also happens with most of Konami's DC games. A switch can be installed to toggle between them.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

9. Please elaborate Shou-sama.

"Konami's DC games"

DDR, Airforce Delta, Dancing Blade 1&2 etc work in RGB SCART fine for me.

10. DDR, Airforce Delta, Dancing Blade 1&2 etc work in RGB SCART fine for me.
    Oops, what I should have said was Konami's pop'n music ports.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)