Thread: Is Devil May Cry 2 in development?

1. Is Devil May Cry 2 in development?

Burgundy may cry if he doesn't see this sequel at E3.

Conflicting reports swirl around the future of a sequel to Capcom's Devil May Cry. While recent reports have indicated that the title-in-progress might be unveiled at next month's E3, a Capcom representative has stated that a follow-up to last year's survival-horror-on-steroids action hit isn't confirmed for an appearance and is "still a ways off."

Of course, this can be taken as a backhanded affirmation that a sequel is indeed planned and possibly even in development. We'll keep you posted.

Source: GameSpot

2. Well if it was a good seller then you can count on a sequel. This is Capcom where talking about after all... if they buy it, it will come

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Dante in action again

3. Give me a lock-on camera, and I'll worship this game to death and back.

Otherwise, my only hope for this style might be Gungrave, and it's too early to tell if the camera's going to blow as bad as it did in DMC.

4. Well, I was also hoping for DMC2 annoucement and maybe footage to appear on E3. We all knew that the sequel will be coming sometime in the future.

I personally didnt have much problems with camera in DMC, but I acknowlege the problem exist and made it less enjoyable to many people, and hope that Capcom will fix it in the sequel.

5. ...

There were only a few minor instances where the camera was a pain and a quick double jump usually fixed it. I am excited about a sequel, but afraid that it won't live up to the first game--which is a brilliant and addicting game. I remember waiting for PE2 and being very disappointed because they turned it into a RE clone (not that RE is bad mind you, just different)...

In the meantime, we'll have RE remake and Onimusha 2 to hold us over--if only they'd use the same control scheme as they did for DMC.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

6. Well this monthes PSM has a 2 page article with screen shots of Devil May Cry 2, they say it is 30% complete and will make an appearance at this years E3

Good news for you Despair, I will make sure to pick up some Devil May Cry 2 promo stuff when I am there for ya

And there are 2 playble characters, Dante and some mysterious (not shown or named) girl...