Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zelda GC 99% likely DELAYED 'till June '03 for U.S.

1. You guys remember the Zelda 64 delays? I wasn't expecting this game until September '03 (a year or so from Mario's release). I assumed Nintendo would spread their two largest properties as far apart chronologically as possible.

June '03 is surprisingly early, if they actually end up hitting that date.

2. Originally posted by Despair
    WHat was that about Cube boot disk? More info please
    Datel has a GC boot disk in the works, called the Freeloader. Supposed to be out sometime at the end of September or beginning of OCtober, but I just found out it's been experiencing quite the delays itself. NCS has it available for preorder, but they don't seem too optimistic about it being released anytime soon.

3. Darn, I hope that boot disc makes it out.

4. I love how Nintendo's delays are condemnable, but delays on any other wanted game by any other liked company would be 'well worth it.'

I'm sad I won't be playing Zelda this winter, but at least I can give Metroid and PSO more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Import Zelda... pffft... I think I'll just buy another XB game.... or DVDRs....

6. Originally posted by Hero
    I love how Nintendo's delays are condemnable, but delays on any other wanted game by any other liked company would be 'well worth it.'

I'm sad I won't be playing Zelda this winter, but at least I can give Metroid and PSO more attention.
    Ahh, the spirit of the fanboy burns strongly in you, my son.

Come on, Hero, really. Look at the thread on Panzer Dragoon Orta's delay- is there really any less bitching? Whatever extra is there I'd chalk up to the fact that more people are excited about Zelda.

These people complaining about this delay aren't trying to hurt Nintendo's feelings; they're just genuinely disappointed that they aren't going to be able to play this game as soon as they had hoped.

7. Yeah, but I tend to think of release dates as arbitrary - a game isn't SUPPOSED to come out on X day. When it does come out, that's when it's out. The technique saves on frustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. I don't care what any of you guys think about the delay, I'll be poor enough as it is this upcoming holiday season to even *think* about getting Zelda if it came out in February, and I haven't been disappointed in their past Zelda games no matter how many times they've delayed it. As I mentioned in the other thread about Zelda, I don't want this game ending up to be partially finished like Metal Gear Solid 2 was. In fact, I hope they take their sweet time and release it Winter '03 just to piss you guys off even more.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

9. If the delay were to add extras or fix bugs, fine, typical Nintendo delay but this is just outrageous NOA crap otherwise.

10. Why does everyone always get all huffy when this happens? It ALWAYS happens. Why are any of you surprised?