Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zelda GC 99% likely DELAYED 'till June '03 for U.S.

1. If the delay were to add extras or fix bugs, fine, typical Nintendo delay but this is just outrageous NOA crap otherwise.
    Well, most likely it is, but who knows. I'd rather the game come out nicely polished than take the chance otherwise on an imperfect game. In a perfect example of this, Mario Sunshine is glitchy as hell (still playable but glitchy). I'd rather that Nintendo took this game, fixed it a bit and released it in December than meet their expected release date. So call it outrageous NOA crap if you want, but the past Zelda games have made me perfectly content so I think Nintendo should take their time with this game.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

2. Enlighten me on those Sunshine glitches. There did seem to be slight slowdown in Bianco village onetime when I was about to land and squirt four enemies but that's all i've seen so far.

3. Originally posted by Stone
    You guys remember the Zelda 64 delays? I wasn't expecting this game until September '03 (a year or so from Mario's release). I assumed Nintendo would spread their two largest properties as far apart chronologically as possible.

June '03 is surprisingly early, if they actually end up hitting that date.
    I'm betting on next November. Nintendo pulled this with Zelda on *both* sides of the ocean with OoT.

I'm not happy, but not surprised.

Originally posted by Kosh_H
    If the delay were to add extras or fix bugs, fine, typical Nintendo delay but this is just outrageous NOA crap otherwise.
    Like I said, Nintendo does this in Japan, too. I wouldn\'t go blaming NoA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

First, no shocks here, of course.

Second I thought I'd share my game-delay anxiety with confirming that Xi Go, which was originally supposed to be out August 29, is now scheduled to be out December 19. Sonovabich. I've got plenty to play between then, so I can wait...

Oh and Kosh you didn't see the reports from the official Sunshine thread here about people falling through floors or whatever? I didn't see anything first-hand but it seems quite a few people found some very visible glitches in the game.

5. if memory serves, ocarina of time was released three days after the japanese version..

6. "Oh and Kosh you didn't see the reports from the official Sunshine thread here about people falling through floors or whatever?"

Whoa, no I had no idea. I'm still only 4 levels into the game, I avoid most MS threads because I don't wanna be spoiled. Does it happen to everyone?

Anyways, I'll have Metroid Prime, Fusion (both of which i want way more than Zelda) and a load of shooters and PCBs to keep me busy.

7. Glitches in Sunshine include the camera on the theme park level when you are climbing the fence, just try and not get dizzy. As well, the swinging pirateships, you can actually fall through them when you really ought to be able to stand on em.

8. Do any of the glitches come up in gameplay-intensive situations (particular platforming areas, whatever) or are they mostly just annoying?

9. Stone: Just annoying. Not enough to ruin the game in the slightest, it's just...grr.

Sunshine was rushed a bit. It was either release it when it was released, or wait until next Summer ;p
    Play Guitar Hero //

10. Yeah, just play enough of Mario Sunshine and you will notice the clipping problems (Mario goes through platforms that twist and turn under him sometimes).

It doesn't ruin the gameplay but it's not the kind of quality that you'd expect in a Nintendo game. So it boils down to a lesser of two evils deal, I'd be willing to sit tight while the game is quality tested.

But in the meantime... will there be a Gamecube drought between January thru June??? That'll be bad news, I was just getting used to GC games being released one every month.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia