Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GBA battery life question...

1. GBA battery life question...

I have an all day-trip tomorrow and no AC access until then, and I want to take Balloon Fight with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

2. I read someplace, can't remember for the life of me where, that it can last up to a month in sleep mode. Dunno if I buy that or not. Wish I owned the AC so I could find out for myself.

3. Sleep mode???

4. sleep mode will last you probably close to a month..in sleep mode, it doesnt take much battery energy..the LCD is off..so theres enough juice that the gba is still running the game.

Originally posted by EThugg
    Sleep mode???
    you dont know what sleep mode is?

if you have golden sun, there is a sleep mode..same for mario.

if you\'re playing a game and you have to step away for a couple of mins..but dont want to turn it off and start again, you can have the gba\'s lcd screen turn off..but still have enough juice to have the game running. in other words, its like an idle

5. Is sleep mode software activated? So since it works on Golden Sun I guess it's not dependent on the GC/GBA link cable...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

6. the only power used in sleep mode is:

A) the green LED
    B) running a small signal through specific buttons, waiting for them to be pressed.

It could go on for a LOOOOOOONG time with 2 AAs

7. Originally posted by bandit
    if you have golden sun, there is a sleep mode..same for mario.
    I have neither. Are they the only ones?

8. Originally posted by EThugg

I have neither. Are they the only ones?
    from my knowledge..those are the only ones that support the sleep mode

Originally posted by SearchManX
    Is sleep mode software activated? So since it works on Golden Sun I guess it\'s not dependent on the GC/GBA link cable...
    what you mean activated? considering i dont own a gc/gba link cable.. i dont know if it will..i dont know if there is power running thru the ext port.

9. what you mean activated? considering i dont own a gc/gba link cable.. i dont know if it will..i dont know if there is power running thru the ext port.
    What I meant by the question, is if sleep mode must be *programmed* into the game cartridge to allow for sleep mode to happen. And I'm guessing it is since only two games (so far) utilize this feature. I don't own Golden Sun or Mario (which Mario?) so I haven't tried this feature out. I don't see the point of using it for these games since you can easily save them and turn off the system...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

10. Originally posted by SearchManX

What I meant by the question, is if sleep mode must be *programmed* into the game cartridge to allow for sleep mode to happen. And I'm guessing it is since only two games (so far) utilize this feature. I don't own Golden Sun or Mario (which Mario?) so I haven't tried this feature out. I don't see the point of using it for these games since you can easily save them and turn off the system...
    the first mario game..Mario Advance..NOT #2