Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rare vs Nintendo Franchises... Confirmed?

1. Rare vs Nintendo Franchises... Confirmed?

www.n-philes.com

News: Find Out Who Officially Owns The Rights To Perfect Dark

Today we reported that Nintendo has officially sold their 49% stock in Rare, but new details have become avaiable concerning some of Rare's most popular and most-known franchises. Nintendo has sold the rights to: Perfect Dark, Conker, and Banjo Kazooie to Microsft/Rareware. So it's official, Microsoft now owns Rareware. A sad day indeed for many Nintendo fans.

However, Nintendo today said they (themselves) will be internally developing the next Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo GameCube. They also have stated the own the rights to Star Fox and Donkey Kong.

We'll have more details soon...
    If this is true... Maybe Johnpv will shut up now.

2. hehe, I'd kill for a new conker that rips hell on mario!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

3. Apparently CNN reported it, so it's confirmed.

4. why do the hell do they have to restate.. that donkey kong, and star fox remain on nintendo..

5. Apparently someone knew the casual gamers stupidity well enough to plan ahead...

6. Lol. Read my sig.

7. As funny as Conker was the game was pretty weak. Those are the 3 worst games that Rare ever made. As far as gameplay goes this only works in Nintendo's favor but as far as consumer awareness I think most people would relate Banjo and Perfect Dark with Nintendo so it should be interesting to see how this works out for MS.

Man, this is going to delay Perfect Dark Zero isn't it.

9. However, Nintendo today said they (themselves) will be internally developing the next Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo GameCube.
    Wow....that's so cool, I'm gonna need to quote it again...

However, Nintendo today said they (themselves) will be internally developing the next Donkey Kong game for the Nintendo GameCube.
    Now that my quoting urges have been satisfied, that's exactly what I wanted out of this deal. I really couldn't care less about what happens to Rare but the point that the next DK game might not completely suck makes me so very happy...

*shudders at the thought of another DK64...*
    They call me Heatmiser
    and whatever I touch
    starts to melt in my clutch
    I'm too much!

Donkey Kong has been rescued from the clutches of the hacks at Rare. Thank goodness.