Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Let's talk about....SoulTaker!

1. Grabbed DVD 1 at BestBuy the other day (damn inability to resist impulse buys !!). I hope to watch it this week with my anime crew

Originally posted by lee vicious

Damn man, your pockets must be bottomless, I dont know how you can afford all the Anime and games you purchase...unless you steal em...which is cool with me.

lee v
    Its a little thing I like to call "credit card debt."

Plus I shop around and usually only spend $17-$20 per DVD.

Actually, this summer has been really weird for me. I've only spent $125 on games (buying only 4 games in 10+ weeks is really not like me...), so I've spent my money mostly on anime and trips to visit my lovely girlfriend

- Kabuki

2. Just watched the first two episodes on Disc 3 a few days ago... Not too bad. As you can imagine, more story bits have been revealed and the series is finally getting somewhere...

Shiro is more interesting than ever before.

I'm sorry to say nothing yet has topped the mighty Ep. #3, however!

3. Ok... just finished the series today.

Kinda... weird. Too weird, I think. I think the series has seen a decrease in quality since the first disc. Things are just too complicated and... well, weird.

Anyone else finish it?

4. Yep!
    http://www.tokidokijournal.com/issue.../soultaker.htm
    Check out the fan site that we linked to... weird!
    - Kabuki

5. Weird...

I think the series started to lose me when all these wacky new relatives starting popping up... Everyone's motives seemed a bit unclear and scrambled... It was impossible to keep track of who was doing what for which reason by Ep. 12...

I agree with you on the style. The techniques used are certainly special.

And the fights did indeed get lame after a while. They really didn't consist of much action... lots of "falling through walls" or close-ups on the characters' faces...

I say: yea, but a bit of nah.