Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about....SoulTaker!

1. Let's talk about....SoulTaker!

Freeter appreantly dislikes it because of the "schoolgirl," who I think was simply marvelous! Oh, marvelous! How could you not like her? She was pretty badass (LAME terminology, sorry).

Despair- Glad to see you're liking it so far!

Anyway, I can't wait for Volume 2... It has a lot to live up to!

The character designs are DEFINITELY a high point.. the artowrk and presentation in general, really. Awesome.

What was everyone's favorite episode? Mine has to be three simply for the amazing action sequences... gotta love that rain, too. One was also very good... very surreal-y...

All three were good, though... of course.... Love it.

2. Gotta be 3

For the Asuka clone brandishing the Chow Yuns. I was kinda mixed about my feelings towards SoulTaker til then, but that ep solidified how great A show it is. Visually...its the work of mad geniuses hopped up on goofballs and OD'd from watching the last few EVA eps over and over and over
    again. Musically I hope it gets stronger, cuz as of the firt 3 eps it was only A little above average. And I hope they tone down the whole..call out your special move before you do it spiel<which they did in ep 3> cuz thats not really befitting A show as innovative as ST. I love it though...lots of sexy girls to smile at, tons of story to uncover and lots more retina detatching visuality to enjoy.

Too bad we only get 10 more eps...<sigh>.

signed

vlv

3. Re: Let's talk about....SoulTaker!

Originally posted by Metal_Slug
    Freeter appreantly dislikes it because of the "schoolgirl," who I think was simply marvelous! Oh, marvelous! How could you not like her? She was pretty badass (LAME terminology, sorry).
    The art style was unique at least, and the beginning definitely had that dark edgy feel to it.

Then all hell broke loose.

The show became a cheesy Guyver wannabe("LIGHTNING BREAKER!"), and that "ooh, look at me, I'm so annoyingly cute I'll shove it in your face till you wanna throw me off a cliff" beeyach irritated my last nerves.

I can see why you like it Slug, but unfortunately I'm not goin to continue it.

4. I hate to say it, but SoulTaker is at the bottom of my list of priorities with all the cool shit coming out soon. Maybe I can move it up a bit after I see these other shows and decide whether or not I'm ape shit for em, but as things go now...
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

5. And Slug, your new sig is the best one on this damned forum.
    Compare your life to mine and KILL YOURSELF!!!

6. Well, I only seen 2 episodes of the series so far, but I have to say I like it. I like graphical presentation, very unique, with mix of scenes, diffrent, sometimes unusual color choices, lots of religious imagenry, and very confusing storytelling, which does gets better as it moves along, and uncovers more plot. Character art and animation is excellent. Action scenes most of the time little uncomprehensible, but still cool, and I like SoulTaker in battle.

I got 2 disk HK set, couldnt wait till all of the series will be released in US, and the quality is ok, but not excellent, and subs are average, but thats what you get for that much I will finish watching the series, and if I like it at the end, I will get US dvd release of it, once its all out here. And if not, than HK dvd set fill be sufficient enough.

7. Originally posted by Riisuke
    And Slug, your new sig is the best one on this damned forum.
    (I wish it was a bit more clear...)

Despair... you and these bootlegs!

8. Well, I dont have patience to wait for something, that I can get now Plus I wasnt sure if I will like it or not.

I will get the official release once its out, so its not like I only support bootlegs

9. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, I dont have patience to wait for something, that I can get now Plus I wasnt sure if I will like it or not.

I will get the official release once its out, so its not like I only support bootlegs
    Yah, I know.

Anyway... Who is everyone's favorite character...

Shiro is pretty interesting.... Kyosuke is nifty... And Asuka is definitely one of my favorites. Too bad the nurse (can't remember her name) had such little screen time.

10. Quick note: It looks like Volume 2 was moved up to April 16th from the 23rd.

Nifty. I'll probably end up buying it in the store instead of ordering online and having to wait...