Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Age industry rumblings: Probable Celda Delay and Metroid link not so hot.

Jay Guest
    AC stands the best chance of any to get the GC-GBA link out to the mainstream gamer, and thusly, get it used by developers on a more reliable basis.

Originally posted by burgundy
    Another problem I have is that an external light can't be used with the GCN-GBA link. I need an AB.
    All I have to say is...

TV de Advance + System Selector = Link Heaven

3. System linking is totally gimiky and pointless. I don't want to have to piss around with a GBA and have to buy extra titles to get the most out of my games.
    3DO Serial No. 033693019 "Serial number brothers!!!......" *high five*

4. Originally posted by Yoshi
    All I have to say is...

TV de Advance + System Selector = Link Heaven
    While you're playing GC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

5. Originally posted by burgundy
    While you're playing GC?
    I would assume so. That's what the system selecter id for. He can leave his GC on, selece the GBA from the system selecter, and play them both on his TV. So, when the GBA is required, he hits a button, switches controllers/GBA, and viola! Likewise, when he wants to go back to the GC, again, it's at the touch of a button, without having to power-down anything.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Seems awkward if you are supposed to be using the GBA as a controller.

Don't forget, Nintendo was hyping the pants off the GBA's connectivity. At the E3 press briefing, Nintendo was talking about link-ups as if they were the Second Coming. Remember, no one truly wants to play online yet. At least not according to Nintendo.

7. Originally posted by padman
    System linking is totally gimiky and pointless. I don't want to have to piss around with a GBA and have to buy extra titles to get the most out of my games.
    agree.

8. All I can say is if Nintendo can find a way to let me play my GBA games on my TV a la Super Gameboy connected thru the Cube, then that'll be the best reason to own a GC/GBA link.

As for Metroid Prime connectivity, with all the classic NES games coming out, maybe you can dl Metroid on the GBA?
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

9. Originally posted by SearchManX
    All I can say is if Nintendo can find a way to let me play my GBA games on my TV a la Super Gameboy connected thru the Cube, then that'll be the best reason to own a GC/GBA link.

As for Metroid Prime connectivity, with all the classic NES games coming out, maybe you can dl Metroid on the GBA?
    Do you also expect magical faeries to come out of your GBA? It's a $10 cable. With that $10 cable. you can download 15 NES games to your GBA from AC without any other accessories. Reason enough.

There is no way to get video out of the link cable port. It would be easier for Nintendo to make a mini-GBA player that inserted into the mem card slot.

As an aside, I always though it would have been brilliant to allow GBA games to fit in the GCN card slot. Too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Originally posted by burgundy
    Do you also expect magical faeries to come out of your GBA? It's a $10 cable. With that $10 cable. you can download 15 NES games to your GBA from AC without any other accessories. Reason enough.
    It's a good reason to own one, but with the possibilities of a GBA/GC link, you would've thought playing GBA games on your TV would've been a sure-fire idea.

There is no way to get video out of the link cable port. It would be easier for Nintendo to make a mini-GBA player that inserted into the mem card slot.
    Not with the link cable that's out now...

As an aside, I always though it would have been brilliant to allow GBA games to fit in the GCN card slot. Too bad.
    This would've been a great idea, and still possible with an adapter. Super GBA anyone?
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia