Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Age industry rumblings: Probable Celda Delay and Metroid link not so hot.

1. Gaming Age industry rumblings: Probable Celda Delay and Metroid link not so hot.

Caught these two blurbs in a long rumour story on Gaming Agbe's front page:

All right Zelda fanatics, and forum readers, listen up. Here's the scoop on Zelda for GameCube. It should make its December 13 release in Japan. In the U.S., however, don't expect to see Zelda until March. It appears February is not at all in the plans any longer. Also, expect Nintendo to push this game hard, with demo discs in kiosks as early as late December."
    Looks like that crap June '03 U.S. release may be for real. Looks like whoever runs the official site tried to pull a fast one on us by "correcting it" recently from June back to Feb. again. Whatever. Mario, shooters and Metroid will keep me busy. Still makes me wanna gouge out the eyes of NOA's execs though.

While we're on the subject of Nintendo, what about Metroid? Well, we've learned a bit more about the connectivity between the portable and the console versions, but we can't talk about it just yet. It's not going to be as major as some might think, so it's best to keep your expectations low so you're not too disappointed. That being said, it's still pretty cool. Oh, and you're going to see Metroid Prime advertising everywhere, including movie theatres. Nintendo promises to push this game hard. You won't be able to get away from the ads.
    Why do I get the feeling the GBA link will never be exploited as well as it could be? Sheesh, program a few extra levels and weapons, already. Both games have been in dev forever, both Retro and Intelligent Systems had (key work, HAD) plenty of time to make some really cool extras for the link. OTOH, it took them forever to even DECIDE to have a link mode anyways. Lame.

2. Well adding in little Link up features I am sure are the last things on their minds. Sure that stuff is cool, but I should really come last in the process. I want them to make the Main game as solid as possible, and then worry about extra little features.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

3. You have a point there. But still.........

4. I love seeing videogame adds on the big screen. remember the ocarina ones? good stuff.

Jay Guest
    Remember, GC-GBA link stuff IS in it's infancy now. It WILL evolve more.

lithium Guest
    Someone needs to figure out a game idea that actually uses the GBA-GC link as an integral part of the game.

7. Originally posted by Jay
    Remember, GC-GBA link stuff IS in it's infancy now. It WILL evolve more.
    well said. if a game used the link up well, and required it, that would limit a lot of people from playing the game. once more people own a gba and a link cable, i'm sure developers won't be so hessitant.

8. Originally posted by lithium
    Someone needs to figure out a game idea that actually uses the GBA-GC link as an integral part of the game.
    Kirby Tilt n' Tumble 2.

Wether the game will ever come out is a different problem.

9. Originally posted by lithium
    AC is doing the best job of it - it's not just the island, it's the DLable NES games and the eCard stuff. Still, I don't think I really want a gameplay-intensive link concept. The idea of a GCN-GBA Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble is neat, but I think it would be more fun to play on one console or the other.

Another problem I have is that an external light can't be used with the GCN-GBA link. I need an AB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

10. Originally posted by Saint of Killers

Kirby Tilt n' Tumble 2.

Wether the game will ever come out is a different problem.
    Kirby tilt n tuble 2 is basically now the game which is known as roll o rama. played it at E3. kinda cool.