Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gaming Age industry rumblings: Probable Celda Delay and Metroid link not so hot.

How well did the Super Game Boy sell back in 1994? It was heavily advertised but it seemed like very few people bought it, at least by Nintendo standards. I loved mine and a GBA one from Nintendo would kick ass.

I hope the relative lack of Super Game Boy sales back then doesn't prevent Nintendo from making a GBA one.

2. The reason the Super Game Boy sold so badly was because they waited so long. Which is what Nintendo will probably end up doing again. It was the end of the SNES lifespan so it wasn't at all surprising...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

3. SMX - It has nothing to do with the link cable. The GBA simply has no video outs. You'd have the crack the thing open to pull video from it, which, incidentally, you can.

I wouldn't call 1994 the end of the SNES's life - it still had plenty of fight left in it, especially with the DKC series. I think the problem was more that the GB scene was comatose by then, and continued to be until the release of the GBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

4. Its just like the Xboxs Custom soundtrack feature, more companys will use it when they relise its there. Not like its hidden but I think it get pushed to the side. I think Nintendo at least will incorperate link sutff in all of their games most likely, I don't see why they would'nt. But for a comapany like Capcom to do so might take a little longer. I am guessing for Metroid Prime you get to use the GBA as a map screen or something, not really needed but still cool, I guess. Its like the VMU, some companys used it, some did'nt. I hope more companys jump on the E-Reader bandwagon as well, that thing is fucking cool!
    Barf! Barf! Barf!