Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robotech Battlecry Impressions

1. Maybe when it hits $20, I'll look into it.

I knew it wouldn't be anything to write home about. Good to see that it didn't turn out to be TOTAL ass, but even so it's not anything I'm pressed to pick up.

Personally, the whole cel-shading thing irks the hell out of me on this game. Now, keep in mind I adore cel-shading, when used properly, but anyone that thinks that Robotech needs to be cel-shaded has completely missed the point of Robotech (or Macross, if'n yez prefer). Yeah, it was a cartoon, but it was a cartoon that, at least when it comes to technology and warfare, tried to be as realistic as possible... and rather than taking that to a higher level of realism (like the creators would prefer, I'm sure), TDK said "well, it's a cartoon, let's use cel shading, dur-hur."

2. I have to disagree with the cel shading thing, I hate when developers make a anime or cartoon into a plain 3D game because it always looks like crap and nothing like the original... just my opinion but I like the cel shading in this type of game.

3. I think the game is crap all around. So there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I think the game is crap all around. So there!
    Who asked you!

5. Originally posted by Bacon McShig
    Maybe when it hits $20, I'll look into it.

I knew it wouldn't be anything to write home about. Good to see that it didn't turn out to be TOTAL ass, but even so it's not anything I'm pressed to pick up.

Personally, the whole cel-shading thing irks the hell out of me on this game. Now, keep in mind I adore cel-shading, when used properly, but anyone that thinks that Robotech needs to be cel-shaded has completely missed the point of Robotech (or Macross, if'n yez prefer). Yeah, it was a cartoon, but it was a cartoon that, at least when it comes to technology and warfare, tried to be as realistic as possible... and rather than taking that to a higher level of realism (like the creators would prefer, I'm sure), TDK said "well, it's a cartoon, let's use cel shading, dur-hur."

Ahhh! Someone with a brain. Yeah I also don't see the need to cel-shade this game. Perhaps the characters but nothing else. They went out of their way in the series to make all the technology and whatnot to look extremely realistic with detail up the ass. Not the other way around.

But the game looks good the way it is...

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    But the game looks good the way it is...

No one said it didn't look good the way it was. Just random complaints on how it could look better. I'm satisfied though, and I don't even like cel-shading.