Thread: Legend of the Dog Soldiers

1. Legend of the Dog Soldiers

I was wondering if Legend of the Dog Soldiers was any good, it caught my eye when I saw it at the store. If anyone saw it could you give me some impressions on it, I want to know if it is something I would be interested in getting

2. Any pics? I have no clue what this is...

Summoner Guest
    Originally posted by Freeter
    I have no clue what this is...
    Basically, Legend of the Dog Soldiers is The Hakkenden.

Not to be confused with Dog Soldier, which is REALLY REALLY fuckin' bad...

4. Originally posted by Freeter
    Any pics? I have no clue what this is...
    I couldn't find any pics, not even on Pioneer's site but they do have a little description about it. It's probably nothing what I think it is but I am still curious

Werewolves rule.
    Awesome sig

5. I've only seen the first part of it and that was years ago. I liked it, even though the first part looked like it was a total prologue. The first episode is just about a dog and lay down the background for the shows setting and theme. The later episodes should deal with the actual Dog-Soldiers who are samurais I'm guessing. I believe it was a wolf that was the main character of the first episode, its been a long while and I don't remember exactly what kind of dog was the main character. Still it was a very good start IMHO, I just never had the money to buy the other episodes at the time.

Sorta want to pick up the box set on DVD now that you brought it back up...

6. I saw the Hakkenden years ago, so forgive me if my description is vague. It deals with the 8 "Dog Warriors", who are the offspring of a feudal lord's daughter and their pet dog. I don't remember how that worked. Don't worry, no bestiality whatsoever. There were 13 episodes, with number 7 just being a recap/jumping on point. Most of the first episodes deal with one of the 8 realizing their destiny, and towards the end they meet up to kill....someone, I forgot. The animation for some of the episodes were done by different groups, and I have to warn you that two of them are so bad that it borders on unwatchable. From what I remember, it is worth buying, if that's what you plan on doing. Hope that helped.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

7. Thanks for the help, I will be probably getting this sometime soon... once I get some money that is