Thread: Palahniuk's 'Lullaby'

1. Palahniuk's 'Lullaby'

Well I know there are a lot of Fight Club fans on these boards, so I wondered if anyone else picked up P's latest novel "Lullaby." I haven't finished it yet, but am enjoying it very much. This novel seems to have more direction than his other ones, as in it reads more like a thriller you'd find on the NYtimes Bestseller list, but it still retains Palahniuk's classic literary style...which he continues to refine and improve--I guess, to me, it is a little less about the characters than his other books, and more about the theme of the novel, if that makes sense...

The concept is great (I don't want to give anything away) and it's even better the less you know going into it.

Anyone else reading this? what are your thoughts (without spoilers that is)?
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. Damn, I still haven't read Invisble Monsters yet....

3. My roommate is reading it. She's like "You must read this" so I will. She really likes it. and she has a signed copy.
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

4. Originally posted by Regus
    Damn, I still haven't read Invisble Monsters yet....
    Invisible Monsters is great--has some interesting twists and amazing realizations...I honestly don't know where he comes up with this stuff...

Lets just say you've never really read anything like that one...

Originally posted by Cyco
    My roommate is reading it. She\'s like \"You must read this\" so I will. She really likes it. and she has a signed copy.
    Signed Copy? Nice! I would love to meet Palahniuk--his investiveness is truly amazing (I\'m an aspiring fiction writer myself...).

If you guys like P., I would also consider giving J.G. Ballard a try--his novel Cocaine Nights has a lot of the same themes as P\'s books and I see a lot of the same ideas running through each of their books...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

5. Bought it the day it came out my good-tasted fellow poster.

I'm just going to say that I like it a lot...
    Boo, Hiss.